Team Lead - Human Resources - Education (6-7 yrs)
Organisation is seeking a Human Resources Team Lead to assist in managing the day-to-day HR operations of the organisation.
- The Team Lead will carry out responsibilities in the functional areas of employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment. As part of the HR team, you will be required to help create a culture, which encourages teamwork, decision making and ownership of the business results.
- You will be serving in a broad HR role as a functional expert, business partner, and enabler for the organization through a strategic approach that leverages your academic knowledge and personal capabilities.
The position will report to and work closely the Associate Director- HR & OD.
Key responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Design, develop and maintain the hiring process including campus hires and interns
- Manage external recruitment agencies and vendors
- Build and leverage networks to find quality candidates and maintain a good pipeline for future reference
- Understand the organisation from a strategy as well as a tactical perspective
- Support and guide the Leaders, Team Leaders and Employees regarding company policies, HR programs administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and in a timely manner
- Support managers by driving a performance culture through coaching, facilitating talent assessments and succession planning meetings
- Explore best market practices in the recruitment and Learning and Development space and implement them in the organisation
- Support the delivery of appropriate training and development programs
- Implement HR process improvement initiatives
- Manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal skills) and effectively present to all levels of the organization, including the senior leadership team
- Masters/MBA in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field is required
- Minimum of 6-7 years of professional-level human resources management experience in an HR generalist capacity is required
- Evidence of having led new initiatives
- Experience in the field of Education is an asset
- Experience in facilitating/managing the following processes required: recruitment and selection, on-boarding, performance management, HR policy, learning and development, contract administration, reporting, HR systems etc.
- HR certification is an added advantage
Other skills :
- Ability to work independently and possesses the passion and drive to achieve the end results
- Drive new initiatives with minimal supervision
- Resilience and adaptability to solve problems
- Ability to discern priorities and remain organized as business needs evolve
- Strong work ethic and heightened sense of urgency to operate successfully in a fast paced environment
- Willing and able to work flexible hours as necessary