Team Lead - Equipment Cells/Photovoltaic Manufacturing Process (8-10 yrs)
"Team Lead - Equipment Cells" "Photovoltaic (PV) Manufacturing"
The Manager, Equipment - Cells will be highly motivated, hands-on and responsible for the equipment functioning of the Company's solar cell plant supporting the strategic ambition to be the world's leading solar cell and module producer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will leads a team of engineers in maintenance of all production equipment and maintenance control systems in the plant and drive for continuous improvement by implementing latest automation methodology.
- Responsible for cultivating a safe work mindset and culture.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving equipment utilization and constantly review methods of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- Responsible for improving overall equipment cost of ownership through alternate sourcing, extension and collaborating with equipment vendors and spare part suppliers.
- Lead troubleshooting of equipment problems and apply RCA (Root Cause Analysis) practices to equipment failure investigations.
- Drive the maintenance & preventive maintenance team to ensure the equipment are in control using SPC (Statistical Process Control) and other equivalent methodologies.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing all equipment specification, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance policy, and ensure compliance with corporate requirements and procedures.
- Develop and implement programs such as TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) to achieve reliability of production equipment and processes with high utilization.
- To improve the useful life of plant, equipment and machinery
- Coach and motivate team by conducting regular communication sessions and performance reviews.
- Drive training competency of engineers, supervisors and technicians to ensure enough expertise in the factory to run equipment efficiently and effectively.
- Identify, groom, coach and train Shift Leaders, Equipment Owners, Engineers and Section Lead.
Responsible for setting the direction and KPI for Shift Leaders, Equipment Owners, Engineers and Lead.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality & service using Six-Sigma, Gemba, Kaizen or similar applicable methodology.
- As an individual contributor, may be accountable for projects/ programmes as well as, developing methods and parameters, project methodology and/ or project proposals.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the project progress and/ or the specific goals of the division.
- Lead actively in key projects such as cost reduction, yield improvement, new machine qualification, process optimization, cycle time improvement and new machine parts evaluation/qualification.
- Engage and lead team towards Industry 4.0.
- Responsible for succession plan for Equipment Maintenance organization including talent identification and career planning.
- Must be proactive and willing to take additional responsibilities as and when needed by the management.
- Be a team player and collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Setting culture and enforce discipline within the Equipment Team.
- Bachelor's/PG Degree or above in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8-10 years working experience in the field of Equipment Engineering & Maintenance
- Possess production hands-on and/ or managerial experience in equipment troubleshooting and preventive planning, engineering methods for equipment controls, OEE improvement and line staffing
- Knowledge of tools and methodologies like SPC (Statistical Process Control), FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis), DOE (Design of Experiments), RCA (Root Cause Analysis), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and Industry 4.0 etc
- Digitalization of machine data
- Working experience in Solar or Semiconductors manufacturing industry preferred
- Knowledge on Solar process flow and manufacturing system
- Knowledge on automation and robotics.
- Knowledge on thermal furnaces, pressurized chambers, chemical wet hoods
- Ability to work in a team, as well as, independently; ability to influence other people
- Demonstrated leadership skill, good presentation, team-building and communications
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Able to energize, motivate & inspire people
- Good coaching & mentoring skills
- Experience in talent retention & management
- Ability to adapt and work with different cultures
- Must be highly energetic and have the drive to get things done ahead of plan
- Highly passionate in performing Equipment work functions
- Should think ahead on the department goals and plan the department KPI
- Build team competencies to prepare for future company needs.