TataCliq - Senior Engineering Manager - SAP CX/Hybris (14-18 yrs)
Tata CLiQ is the flagship digital commerce initiative of the Tata Group. It is a multi-category e-commerce platform, operating across categories such as Fashion, Footwear and Accessories, Electronics and Luxury. Tata CLiQ has a unique omni-channel marketplace model offering customers the convenience of quicker delivery (by shipping from store), easy pick-up and returns, across 1,200+ brands and 1,000 stores in 100+ Indian towns and cities.
Here's what we believe in:
We obsess over customer delight
We are out there to find an alternate way of doing e-commerce
We carry an attitude to develop a culture of learning & continuous improvement, both for people and processes
Our goals will be ambitious, demand significant stretch
We believe in Uncomfortable Transparency
We will always be respectful, empathetic and caring about the well-being of our teams
About the Team
The Commerce team works in building scalable, cloud native, distributed system. Pioneering work is done in SAP - CX or Hybris Commerce along with integration with in house built microservices and third party systems. The team is also moving towards a monolith to micro services architecture.
We are looking for proactive engineering managers having years of architecture, design & engineering experience with proven leadership skills. We want someone who is comfortable asking "why?" The ideal candidate is a divergent thinker who understands industry best practices and has experience in architecting and designing components at scale. To be successful as an engineering manager, you should have exceptional foresight, great communication skills, working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another, and an aptitude for managing risk.
Hands on - Technical Contribution (70 %)
- Lead research & develop designs to build large scale & complex products designed to handle larger scale, availability, performance considerations
- Guide & design in adopting microservices, middleware & container architecture for product building
- Lead, own & design architecture evolution, hardening the architecture and design for the product
- Guide in direct root cause analysis of critical business and production issues.
- Lead design reviews & code reviews
- Establish engineering best practices in design & coding & devops for the team on old & new tech stack
- Contribute to optimising design, code & mentor team on the same.
- Contribute to defining unit & functional test automation strategy & framework adoption
- Establish & induct secure coding practices using OWASP Top 10 and ensure zero vulnerability
- Research new tech stack in backend, middleware & databases for product transformation / Improvement and solve new problems
- Drive technology strategy and vision in collaboration with product
- Engages & leads non-functional requirements like scalability, security, stability & performance for the product owned and works in collaboration with security, devops and testing team to achieve the same.
- Evaluate, drive & optimise infrastructure needs for product to meet the scalability & availability needs.
- Establish monitoring strategy & principles in line with product usage & bottlenecks.
- Identify & solve tech debts with an actionable plan
- Bring new ideas for product enhancement.
- Align solutions with the overall business applications and IT technology roadmap
Technical & People Management (20%)
- Lead a team of engineers, with varying degrees of experience.
- Mentor & coach & train team on engineering design, coding & architecture.
- Responsible for building & creating a higher performance culture within the team
- Responsible for hiring for his/her product team
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Present proposals to people, operations and engineering leadership.
- Drive development and enforcement of standards, tools and methodologies
- Checking their team's work for technical accuracy, validity of methods used
- Own & drive on technical work assignments
- Advocates on behalf of team members by securing adequate resources for success
- Remove roadblocks and makes sound trade-offs
Delivery & Stakeholder Management (10%)
- Partner with business leadership and translate business needs into an executable technical design and roadmap of prioritized projects with known dependencies
- Collaborate with product and program managers to support them with product roadmaps & technical scope, timelines, resource plans, development (agile methodology), testing and communication plans
- Establish process & framework & competence to prioritise & resolve production issues - based on severity & Impact to business
- Identify & address critical bottlenecks for business through short term & long-term solutions
- Work with business on assessment on guidance on product use and limitations
Skills and Qualifications
- Leadership, team building, and mentoring skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytics skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges
- Organizational, planning, and documentation skills
- Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders
- 14-18 years of software development or programming experience.
- 6+ years of experience in e-commerce with working knowledge of any one of SAP-CX , ATG, WCS or Magento.
- Knowledge in SAP-CX or Hybris is a big plus.
- Working knowledge required in various functionalities like CMS, Cataloguing, Pricing, Promotions, Cart, Checkout and integration with ERP systems.
- 2+ years of experience in building microservices in Java using Spring Boot, redis, elastic, mongoDB etc.
- 1+ years of experience in designing software in any public cloud - aws, gcp or azure.
- Good to have experience in common message brokers like Kafka or NATS
- 2+ years of experience in any NoSQL would be needed, preferably in mongoDB, redis and elastic.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL databases, preferably Oracle.
- Hands on experience in configuring & using various monitoring tools like elastic search, Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, etc would be needed.
- Guide the teams to the maturity levels of active monitoring and pro-actively take measures to avoid serious Non-functional requirements
- Good knowledge of container technologies & developing micro services in distributed architecture is needed.
- Deep understanding of technology and architecture in a highly scalable and available setup
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.