HR at Tata International
Views:4816 Applications:1059 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Tata International - Head/Financial Controller - CA (10-15 yrs)
Head - Shared Services Finance & Accounts, Finance Controller - Europe & North West Africa Region
Job Purpose :
- To provide Tata International Limited with the Business support in form of accounting services, financial and management reporting for the ENWA region and Global Steel Trading Business.
- To provide financial analysis and information flows to the senior management team and Business Unit Head for effective and profitable decision making.
- To work very closely with the Business Unit Head and CFO- Metals
Key Responsibilities :
Business Finance :
1. Support the development of short / medium / long term business plans
2. Help create and drive annual business plans though generation and analysis of requisite MIS.
3. Manage risk through effective risk mitigation plans. Identify and track risk inclusive of credit risk, currency risk and country risk.
4. Identify idle capital and develop actions plans for unlocking value. Follow up and review progress on areas like liquidation of inventory, overdue debtors / advances, working capital management, etc.
5. To vet the contracts with suppliers and customers on commercial terms
Including payment terms, taxation etc.
6. Ensure adequate credit insurance to support the business on open terms.
Shared Services :
1. Manage Shared Services-F & A, Mumbai for accounting and transaction processing in NAVISION and MIS for Global Steel Trading business.
2. Review Financial MIS and keep a strict control over expenses including interest cost, bank charges etc. and keep them within budgeted levels.
3. Critically evaluate the performance of various business units through analysis of profitability, top-line growth, cost control, etc.
4. Budgeting, Forecasting consolidation for Global Steel Trading business
5. Ensure all statutory compliances are taken care of.
6. Coordinate with the Statutory Auditors & Internal Auditors. Finalize the accounts as per the accounting standards and ensure to meet deadlines for submission to Corporate Finance for consolidation.
7. Work closely with the GM-ENWA and CFO- Metals.
8. Manage/supervise/define/train Shared Services F & A team to fulfill day to day operations and ensure that they are trained, developed and motivated appropriately.
Desired Profile :
- CA with minimum 10 years of working experience in the multinational trading business.
- An ideal candidate would be the person performing the controller role, partnering business head in day-to-day business decision. Exposure to IGAAP & IFRS in his/her current role and Manage Shared Services F&A
- Good commercial sense for flexible and workable solutions.
- Excellent managerial skills in managing the F&A team as well as to build internal bridges cross functionally to ensure a smooth operation of the region.
- Prior experience of working in Navision ERP is desired.