HR at Tata Consumer Products Limited
Views:1679 Applications:269 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Tata Consumer Products - Assistant Manager - Logistics (10-15 yrs)
Role Objectives :
The role shall be responsible for managing Logistics Operations at Gandhidham and other locations for various Food products. Responsible to drive the overall Supply Chain Performance / KPIs pertaining to Primary and Secondary Logistics for these products. Primary focus would be on improving the dispatches from Gandhidham and improving overall Salt volume growth through all modes of transports - Rail, Road & Coastal.
Key Responsibilities :
- To handle dispatches of various products primarily from Gandhidham location along with other supply locations.
Mode of transport : Road, Rail and Coastal
- Coordination with the S&OP team to understand monthly production and dispatch plans of various products. Coordinate with the respective 3P manufacturing / Operations team and the Procurement team to execute dispatches as per the business requirement.
- Coordinate with Transporters, Shipping companies, handling agents, surveyors and other relevant stake holders to ensure timely product dispatches. Ensuring timely dispatches through least cost mode of transport option.
- Daily, weekly and monthly report preparation for senior leadership business review.
- Most critical aspect is to engage with the Gandhidham region salt producers & suppliers to build full rake for various destinations and maximize product movements by rake.
- Prepare rake schedules based on inputs from Railway authorities, Salt Producers and Handling agent.
- Monitor & control all rake handling operations at Gandhidham region, coordinate with rake surveyors and resolve operational issues.
- Engage with Shipping Agencies and execute coastal movements.
- Engage with Transporters and execute road dispatches from various plants.
- Negotiation skills for finalizing freight contract for both road and coastal movements. Negotiation and finalization of rake handling, loading/unloading rates.
- Getting the SAP order processing done, tracking vehicle placements, rigorous follow ups with transporters to ensure timely placements, resolving material handling related issues e.g. shortage, damage, demurrage, detention etc.
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Managing delivery & service to wholesale customers, direct dispatches to distributors/ stockist.
- Managing key interfaces with internal & external stakeholders in effective management of operations.
- Drive various freight cost reduction initiatives. Optimization of freight cost based on various modes of transport.
- Roll out Transport Management System across all supply locations.
- Regular/Need based Field visits to drive freight optimization initiatives, to explore new supply / distribution model, search alternate service provider etc.
- Ability to manage complex and ambiguous situations aided by my multi-tasking, inter-personal and analytical skills
- Proficient in computer knowledge
Desired Experience Level & Qualifications :
- Prior relevant experience in Managing Primary & Secondary Logistics in FMCG Industry especially Foods & Beverages, preferably from the Salt business region.
- Should be able to efficiently coordinate with multiple stake holders e.g. S&OP team, Business/category team, Sales team, Suppliers, Railway authorities, Transporters, etc.
- Relevant Bachelors or master's degree
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience
Visit us at www.tataconsumerproducts
- Follow us on |LinkedIn
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.