TATA AIG - Deputy Manager - Legal Claims (2-4 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Keeping a track of all the Consumer Complaints / Complaints with Insurance Ombudsman, filed across India against the Company and regularly updating their status.
2. Ensuring that submissions on Companys behalf are filed within time for all the cases.
3. Follow up of the cases with Zones and maintaining statistics of Consumer Cases / Ombudsman cases at various levels and timely submission of statistics to regulator.
4. Vetting all the Submissions filed on behalf of the Company.
5. Liase with Zonal Offices / concerned vertical, so that the all and correct grounds are taken to defend Companys interest before fora.
6. Regular review of cases in light of the pronouncements of courts in each geography and try to compromise cases which Company is likely to loose, in view of these pronouncements.
7. Prepare standard draft submissions on behalf of Company to be circulated to advocates.
8. Visit cities with concentration of Consumer Cases and review cases with advocates. Prepare advocate performance review.
9. Proficient in excel and Web search so that Consumer cases can be tracked on line, where possible.
Desired Candidate Profile
The prospective candidate must hold graduation degree in law and preferably with an experience of 2 to 3 years of practicing law / working in financial sector.