Recruitment Director at TaskUs
Views:1058 Applications:119 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
TaskUs - Director - Global Privacy Counsel (10-16 yrs)
Director, Global Privacy Counsel
What does the Director, Global Privacy Counsel really do? Think of yourself as someone who will be a tremendous opportunity to help shape the Legal Department, so not just anyone is qualified for this role! We make sure we get the best of the best, after all, we are a ridiculously good company so we make sure our employees are top-notch. Now we need your full concentration because it's time to imagine what it's like being a Director, Global Privacy Counsel.
Imagine yourself going to work with one thing on your mind: that you will be responsible for the continued implementation of privacy and data protection requirements as we expand operations globally. As you tackle your new tasks for the day, you know it will lead to one thing: that you will work on cutting edge issues in close partnership with business leadership and law firms to lead compliance efforts for all activities under applicable law including but not limited to EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and similar regional compliance frameworks, industry-specific regulatory standards (e.g., CCPA, HIPAA, GLBA, PCI).
As the Director, Global Privacy Counsel, you will serve as the registered contact for the company with external data protection regulatory bodies in all relevant geographies where the company operates.
- You will coordinate internally and respond to complaints and/or the exercise by the data subjects of their rights (e.g., request for information, clarifications, rectification or deletion of personal data).
- You will lead data privacy and protection compliance efforts globally for the company. You will monitor, audit, and advise on data protection efforts implemented by the company.
- You will interface with data subjects on behalf of the company in compliance with regulations.
- You will build a global privacy program in current and future company locations in compliance with applicable laws and in partnership with internal local department leads.
- You will provide management reporting on privacy program compliance and areas of key risks.
- You will educate and build data privacy and protection awareness with employee base and vendors in partnership with Information Security team.
- You will maintain comprehensive records in partnership with input from Information Security team on current compliance and with prioritization of key privacy risks.
- You will contribute as a subject matter expert on data privacy to support internal functions including HR function and customer and vendor agreements.
- You will build and contribute to legal initiatives as required to meet department objectives. You will collaborate with key internal stakeholders including finance, HR, client services, and marketing. You will establish and manage key external relationships with law firms.
- You will perform other duties and tasks that may be assigned that will further the interest of data privacy and security and uphold the rights of the data subject.
So, do you have what it takes to become the Director, Global Privacy Counsel?
So, what is it we're looking for? We need someone who is a true self-starter, with a strong work ethic and organizational skills and who is above all else a creative problem solver - and the team will appreciate someone with a good sense of humor! The location of this role is based in Indore,
India with a preference for proximity to our existing offices.
We need someone who's highly analytical (with both words and numbers), strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative to identify risks and pursue risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to self-evaluate
- Understands and utilizes the behaviors of others to personally affect an outcome
- Consistently makes sound and timely decisions after analyzing all aspects of a situation
- Facilitates mutually beneficial outcomes to satisfy various interests
- Combines knowledge, curiosity, imagination, and evaluation to achieve desired results
- 10 years at a law firm, consulting firm, or in-house at a hypergrowth company with operations ideally in the US, Asia and Europe managing data protection and security efforts
- Combined 5 years of leading negotiations of data protection and security provisions in key customer or vendor agreements, technology agreements, alliance agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and service level agreements
- Project Management experience, with ability to maintain the objectives while honoring designated constraints
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Able to travel up to 40% of the time, which may include international travel
- Standing and sitting for sustained periods of time, at least 50%
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
Competitive candidates with the following qualifications are given priority :
- IACCM certification or prior contract risk management experience
- CIPM, CIPP/US or CIPP/EU certification(s)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.