HR Manager at TLE
Views:536 Applications:129 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:76
TARU Leading Edge - Senior Associate - Economy & Social Business (3-5 yrs)
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Senior Associate - Economy & Social Business
About Taru Leading Edge :
Taru Leading Edge (- Taru- ) is a development advisory and think tank with trans-disciplinary expertise endeavouring to engage with development sector challenges by offering a commitment to cutting edge solutions and insights. Incorporated as a private limited company, Taru's mission is to `bridge the Science-Institutions-Society interface with a core agenda of providing transformative solutions to the development challenges. Established in 1996 by eminent development professionals, it caters to a diverse range of bilateral and multi-lateral agencies, government departments, corporates and other development organizations through research, technology, solution innovations and implementation support.
For more than two decades, Taru has been working on a range of institutional, financial, economic, social and technical issues across diverse public systems, cultures and corporate formations in more than a third of rural and urban domains of India. Taru also works in South Asian and South-east Asian countries like Afghanistan, Indonesia Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. The organization is committed to quality, accuracy and succinctness in its consulting and advisory services. Taru team of professionals have extensive national and international experience, along with a strong network of advisors, consultants, partner institutions, associations from different parts of the world. Taru provides services in development sectoral areas such as Climate Change, Disaster, Urban, Water, Sanitation, CSR, Social Business, Health & Nutrition, Education, Gender, Livelihoods, Social Inclusion, Public policy, Infrastructure Planning, etc.
As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Economy & Social Business practice, Taru Leading Edge is looking to hire a talented, motivated and driven individual to join our strategic consulting firm as Senior Associate; Taru has been working in Development Business domain on range of aspects including 1) Sustainability, Circular Economy & Reporting; 2) Entrepreneurship; 3) Impact Investments - Social, Climate and Impact Finance; 4) International Trade, Supply and Logistics; 5) Public Finance, PPP, Governance & Utilities; 6) Agri-business & MSME and so on. Taru now embarks on a new journey expanding its reach, capacity and business while retaining its core agenda of providing transformative solutions to development challenges.
Role & Responsibilities :
Project Management (50% of time deployed) :
- Contribute to leadership's vision towards delivery of projects and its management with a focus on high quality and timeliness for Taru's clients.
- Project planning and management: design, manage the structure, team etc towards effective and timely delivery of key and strategic projects - to budget, schedule and quality expectations
- Maintain high standards of quality in project outputs and deliverables
- Take ownership of project goals, milestones and content and delivery of the same according to client satisfaction/expectations and internal and contract requirements.
- Provide regular updates and timely information to senior Taru Staff on progress on projects and assignments
- Candidate should have prior experience in research and data analysis using tools such as R, Stata, Excel etc.
- Processing of data and information into insights
- Simplify qualitative and quantitative inputs into creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Experience in developing project reports, PPTs along with monitoring of activities and milestones
- Conduct field visits to the project sites, as required, provide feedback and technical assistance to improve project deliverables
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and consultations
- Client management: working with clients to map requirements, context, needs - undertake project planning and implementation as per client requirements - facilitate client decision making using all modes of communication: formal and informal; written and verbal (1-on-1, small group, large group presentation); implement/incorporate client feedback in project outputs
- Interactions with stakeholders (internal and external)
Business Development (40% of time deployed) :
- Lead and support in proposal (EOI/RFP/RFQ/Tender) development and proactive business development activities in order to maximize growth
- Generating new business leads and building and maintaining strong, collaborative client relationships - Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering excellent value, and quality service.
- Networking, build and manage relationships with potential clients - Donors, Funding agencies, Corporates, Private Sector Clients, other external stakeholders, such as project partners, sector experts, external consultants who contribute to projects
- Effectively position the organization as the preferred partner of the clients and donors.
Knowledge Management (10% of time deployed) :
- Ideate and conceptualize new ideas
- Write blogs, articles, research papers/white papers on key issues and topics
- Grow Taru's presence in the Sector(s) domain assigned to Partners through projects, leadership outputs, sector engagements, publications. knowledge dissemination, communications, social media and outreach etc.
- Develop and showcase thought-leadership material and outcomes from research, analysis and synthesis of complex issues and contribute to Taru's knowledge capture and dissemination
Qualifications and Skill sets :
- 3-5 years- experience in a consulting environment, or a related, equivalent field, preferably with corporate clients, government, multilateral and private sector experience.
- Advanced degree in Economics and/or MBA (with Finance) is a must!
- Strong leadership skills and extensive team management experience
- Ability to provide excellent project delivery and client service, quality on project deliverables, excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to understand risk and challenges and withstand pressure
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute. Proven skills in project management, client management, quality control assurance, setting standards, and monitoring.
- Aligning work style with established work culture and leadership team.
- High personal & professional integrity. Team player and ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines. Problem-solving attitude. Experience of managing teams and logistics
- Good analytical, and knowledge management skills including report writing and presentation skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
Location : Mumbai
Joining Date : Immediate