Recruitment Co-Ordinator at ABC
Views:6851 Applications:257 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Tanker Shipping Operations Role - Bitumen Operations (3-11 yrs)
Tanker Shipping Operations - Bitumen Operations
The Shipping Operations team, which runs the logistics in our firm, is at the heart of our business. The role of an shipping operator is techno-commercial in nature which requires an individual to apply their technical knowledge to understand and maximize the P&L for the Traders and Charterers. It is a progressive role which requires multi-dimensional understanding of different fields of knowledge like: Finance, product specifications, operations, International law, industry regulation, shipping, taxation, and customs amongst others.
- Assist Charterers in business development by gathering information for new trading opportunities.
- Optimize the voyage P&L (profit & loss) through efficient voyage planning by communicating updates in a timely and organized manner.
- Actively manage all voyages by sending voyage orders to vessel owners, negotiating with terminal operators, counter parties and port authorities to optimize the logistics and minimize costs.
- Assist the chartering team with vessel clearance, freight calculations and pre and post fixture optimization of oil tankers.
- Review and negotiate contractual terms with international clients to gain maximum commercial advantage
- Be completely aware of the Costs related to a particular deal, minimize the costs actively and keep the Deals desk team continuously updated
- Provides and supervise updated questionnaires and certificate copies for clean acceptance of vessels on subjects to the Chartering team.
- Always study and be aware of the Charter Party terms in place up and down the chain with owners and sub-charterers, Relay and supervise voyage orders and LOI's issuance to Ship-owners. Monitor progress of the vessel during voyages.
- Maximize and optimize well-timed Bunkers procurement/Speed and consumptions monitor/tank cleaning optimization during voyage in accordance with Company's relevant Policy.
- Monitors and ensures that Post fixing and relet time Charters.
- Supervises and signs off the off-hire/dispute calculation.
- Ensuring all relevant systems are continuously updated with voyage related data which includes PNI cost updating in IMOS, document management (update Q88 and certs expiry, last 3 cargoes), Agency appointment, Bunker survey appointment, Invoice checks (redundant), Bunker stem - need to send email as well as enter into IMOS.
- Having strong interest in commercial shipping operation & aptitude to work in a fast paced environment.
- Extremely strong communication skills and quantitative ability
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to negotiate with International customers/Good stake holders management and team player
The ideal candidate for this profile is well organized, has a logical bent of mind and can think out of the box to find solution to new challenges that this role brings up daily. Tanker Operator with at least (3) three years previous office experience in the Operations department/ Chief Officer's or 2nd officer sailing experience license with bitumen Tanker sea experience is preferred.
- Chartering and Operations Team
- All Inter company Trading desks
- Post fixing and Claims Departments
- Owners, Vessel- s, & 3rd Party Charterers
- Service Providers
- Shipping agents/Vetting organizers
- Trading Desk
- Deals Desk
- Trade Finance Desk