Recruiter at Tally Solution
Views:390 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Tally Solutions - Staff Engineer/Staff Software Architect (10-15 yrs)
Tally is a pioneer in the business software products arena. Since its inception in 1986, Tally's simple yet powerful products have been revolutionizing the way businesses run. Having delivered path breaking technology consistently for more than 3 decades, Tally symbolizes unmatched innovation and leadership. Today, it caters to millions of users across industries in over a 100 countries and continues to be the unchallenged industry leader in the business software domain.
Tally is used by close to 2 million businesses across the world. We have a 28000+ strong partner network and a total strength of 800+ employees. Tally is headquartered in Bangalore with 19 regional offices across India and 2 overseas offices (Dubai & Kenya).
Tally's products run on Tally's own technology platform, which is developed in-house at our Engineering centre. Our engineers do cutting edge technology work; developing platform artefacts for memory management, data structures, versioned database engine, business data artefacts, UI platform and even a development language which are part of our platform. On the end user side, Tally application development covers a vast range of business functions from accounting, inventory, billing, payroll, manufacturing, costing, budgeting, auditing, compliance etc.
Our Engineering centre is located in Bangalore while our sales offices and partners are spread across the country and specific regions outside India. Our Engineering team consists of highly talented engineers who live a purpose and dream to develop the software that will accomplish our goal - To be the technology fabric that drives economic growth of the world-
To build this network of businesses tally likes to build its own technology stack to deliver the required products. Major components of the stack are highlighted below
- Operating system: We use a trimmed down version of the Linux
- Database system: An Object-oriented database written by Tally to support single view, replication, distributed and multi-tenancy
- Web server & app server: We shall write our own hosting platform that can handle millions of connections per server
- Communication and Security: We write our own communication and security layer which cannot be broken even when source code is available
- 4GL Engine: Tally shall define its own language and build a VM to run the programs written using this language
Role : Staff Engineer / Staff Software Architect
Experience : 10+ yrs
What will you be doing ?
- To work closely with people managers/developers and translate from vision to design to execution
- Create a code design document that captures the scope of the module (or a subset) in terms of what the module will provide by way of APIs, its dependencies, the code organization, data structures and algorithms to be employed
- Participate in activities that lead up to the code design
- This may include activities such as developing prototypes, proof of concept, compare pros and cons of various implementation choices being considered and recommending the most appropriate one
- Bring the team's attention to the coding guidelines to be followed
- Review critical pieces of code that are developed as per this code design
- Ensure that the code being delivered is of the highest quality, ensure appropriate unit tests and functional tests are considered
- To ensure on-time launches by managing design, development and integration efforts according to a standard or customized project plan
- Strong QA/DevOps touch points will be expected to ensure efficiency in test and deployment automation
- Be the technology champion for a subset of problems to be solved in realizing our vision of Tally World - our next gen product architecture
- Understand the business aspect of a problem and translate the same into a design that fits with the intended long-term goals
- Work with various stakeholders to finalise design
- Engage developers closely to ensure that the design is well understood
- Work with functional leads to get people enabled on required skills for the project
Who are we looking for ?
- Strong experience in designing and building distributed systems from scratch and technical leadership experience will be preferred
- Appreciate the underlying challenges of designing data consistency, service availability, security, networking, scale, performance, upgrades deployment and characterization of hosted business applications for distributed systems
- Proficient in C/C++ development, OS concepts, Data Structures, Distributed Computing
- Experience in designing and developing products from the scratch and strong systems background preferred
- Can write good quality modular code that is maintainable and extensible
- Clearly communicate the intent and approach when producing a code design document
- Mentor and influence junior developers to adhere to good coding standards and become quality conscious
- Experience in product companies preferred