Assistant Manager at Tally Solutions Pvt Ltd
Views:964 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Tally Solutions - Engineering Manager (9-14 yrs)
Tally is a pioneer in the business software products arena. Since its inception in 1986, Tally's simple yet powerful products have been revolutionizing the way businesses run. Having delivered path-breaking technology consistently for more than 30 years, Tally symbolizes unmatched innovation and leadership. Today, it caters to millions of users across industries in over 100 countries and continues to be the unchallenged industry leader in the enterprise resource planning software domain.
Tally is used by close to 1.5 million businesses across the world. We have a 28000+ strong partner network and a total strength of 800+ employees. Tally is Headquartered in Bangalore with 19 regional offices across India and 2 overseas offices (Dubai & Kenya).
Role : Engineering Manager
Experience: 9-14 yrs
What will you be doing?
- Understands design & architecture for the specified component/sub-system. Provide timely feedback about the feasibility of implementation
- Drives project execution (IR) that includes the planning, execution, and completion of key activities including Code Design, Coding, and test specification.
- Coordinate across teams, sequencing/prioritizing, getting bottlenecks removed, getting clarifications resolved through own or sought to detail, getting prior work validated/accepted, future work understood
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by following prevailing practices regarding documentation, coding standards, development tools
- Plan, prioritize, assign, track work with team SDE/SSDE, this will include estimation of tasks, assignment, and continuous monitoring and support to the team
- Track work progress and quality through efficient review & acceptance frameworks
- Understands Technical specifications and complete the assignments given with guidance
- Deliver high quality formally tested code
- Understands and use the overall development approach of the organization
- Create low-level design (as part of code design) - flowcharts, layouts, sequence, interaction, class diagrams, charts
As People Manager/Mentor
- Continuously drive engineering excellence within the team
- Training - Ensure each team member readiness to play the assigned role in the team
- Motivates team members and accesses their performance
- Identify the learning opportunity for team members and plan their non-project work
Who are we looking for?
- Proficient in C/C++ development, OS concepts, Data Structures, Distributed Computing and Algorithms
- Advanced programming and design skills
- Can write good quality modular code that is maintainable and extensible
- Ability to pick up new technologies rapidly to convert specs to low-level design
- Clearly, communicate the intent and approach when producing a code design document
- Mentor and influence junior developers to adhere to good coding standards and become quality conscious
- Effective Communication and People Development/Leadership