Recruiter at Tally Solution
Views:684 Applications:83 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Tally Solutions - Director/Senior Director - Research (15-20 yrs)
Tally is a pioneer in the business software products arena. Since its inception in 1986, Tally's simple yet powerful products have been revolutionizing the way businesses run. Having delivered path breaking technology consistently for more than 30 years, Tally symbolizes unmatched innovation and leadership. Today, it caters to millions of users across industries in over 100 countries and continues to be the unchallenged industry leader in the enterprise resource planning software domain.
Tally is used by close to 1.5 million businesses across the world. We have a 28000+ strong partner network and a total strength of 800+ employees. Tally is Head quartered in Bangalore with 19 regional offices across India and 2 overseas offices (Dubai & Kenya). Tally's products run on Tally's own technology platform, which is developed in-house at our Engineering centre. Our engineers do cutting edge technology work; developing platform artefacts for memory management, data structures, versioned database engine, business data artefacts, UI platform and even a development language which are part of our platform. On the end user side, Tally application development covers a vast range of business functions from accounting, inventory, billing, payroll, manufacturing, costing, budgeting, auditing, compliance etc.
Our Engineering centre is located in Bangalore while our sales offices and partners are spread across the country and specific regions outside India. Our Engineering team consists of highly talented engineers who live a purpose and dream to develop the software that will accomplish our goal - To be the technology fabric that drives economic growth of the world- TallyWorld is Tally's visualization of how businesses will operate in the future and therein the next generation of Tally products and associated services. We intend to bring together the world's largest network of interconnected businesses through our solution where businesses will be able to talk to each other and manage all their operations and transactions under one roof. All this with financial-grade security, telco-grade availability and Tally grade simplicity, speed and accuracy.
To build this network of businesses tally likes to build its own technology stack to deliver the required products. Major components of the stack are highlighted below - Operating system: We use a trimmed down version of the Linux - Database system: An Object-oriented database written by Tally to support single view, replication, distributed and multi-tenancy - Web server & app server: We shall write our own hosting platform that can handle millions of connections per server - Communication and Security: We write our own communication and security layer which cannot be broken even when source code is available - 4GL Engine: Tally shall define its own language and build a VM to run the programs written using this language
Role : Director / Sr. Director
Function : Research
Experience : 15+ yrs
What will you be doing?
- This role will report to the Chief of R&D
- To lead the newly formed research function
- To implement best practice methods in Research function
- To be able to translate the vision of the CEO by designing and developing the new product platform architecture
- To build a team that can support the goal by using best of their capabilities and break down the work into smaller prototype kind of projects that will help in validating the design
- To give an overall direction to the team and track the progress towards the goal
- To work closely with the management and across functions to progress iteratively towards the overall design and understands the big picture
- To take overall custody and ownership of TallyWorld artefacts
Who are we looking for?
- 15+ years of design, development and leadership experience in product companies
- Experience in designing and developing products from the scratch
- Passion for working on fundamentals and Judgement of challenges, renders the support needed
- Can work through ambiguity and chart the future