Recruiter at Tally Solution
Views:1290 Applications:83 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Tally Solutions - Associate Director - Engineering (14-20 yrs)
Tally is a pioneer in the business software products arena. Since its inception in 1986, Tally's simple yet powerful products have been revolutionizing the way businesses run. Having delivered path breaking technology consistently for more than 30 years, Tally symbolizes unmatched innovation and leadership. Today, it caters to millions of users across industries in over 100 countries and continues to be the unchallenged industry leader in the enterprise resource planning software domain.
Tally is used by close to 1.5 million businesses across the world. We have a 28000+ strong partner network and a total strength of 800+ employees. Tally is Head quartered in Bangalore with 19 regional offices across India and 2 overseas offices (Dubai & Kenya).
Tally's products run on Tally's own technology platform, which is developed in-house at our Engineering centre. Our engineers do cutting edge technology work; developing platform artefacts for memory management, data structures, versioned database engine, business data artefacts, UI platform and even a development language which are part of our platform. On the end user side, Tally application development covers a vast range of business functions from accounting, inventory, billing, payroll, manufacturing, costing, budgeting, auditing, compliance etc.
Our Engineering centre is located in Bangalore while our sales offices and partners are spread across the country and specific regions outside India. Our Engineering team consists of highly talented engineers who live a purpose and dream to develop the software that will accomplish our goal - To be the technology fabric that drives economic growth of the world-
TallyWorld is Tally's visualization of how businesses will operate in the future and therein the next generation of Tally products and associated services. We intend to bring together the world's largest network of interconnected businesses through our solution where businesses will be able to talk to each other and manage all their operations and transactions under one roof. All this with financial-grade security, telco-grade availability and Tally grade simplicity, speed and accuracy.
To build this network of businesses tally likes to build its own technology stack to deliver the required products. Major components of the stack are highlighted below
- Operating system: We use a trimmed down version of the Linux
- Database system: An Object-oriented database written by Tally to support single view, replication, distributed and multi-tenancy
- Web server & app server: We shall write our own hosting platform that can handle millions of connections per server
- Communication and Security: We write our own communication and security layer which cannot be broken even when source code is available
- 4GL Engine: Tally shall define its own language and build a VM to run the programs written using this language
Role : Associate Director - Engineering
Function : Engineering
Experience : 14-20 yrs
What will you be doing?
- Understands the overall system design and ensure integrity is maintained
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration across teams
- Participate in problem definition, coming up with solutions, design specification creation and root cause analysis for fixes
- Track work progress and quality through efficient review & acceptance frameworks
- Align continuously with the project objectives and goals
- Ensure processes defined for the function/project and people are benefiting from the processes and tools as expected and participate in improving function excellence by recommending changes
- Project management by creating a project plan and tracking the same
- Support team (within or across teams) to adjust to changing priorities to ensure timely delivery
- Identify areas of improvement for teams and participate in skill development by providing people with feedback and get people enabled on required skills for the project
Who are we looking for?
- Strong hands-on experience in application development /systems programming with C/C++ or JAVA or any OOPS based programming language
- Owned and managed large projects/product/product areas
- Compliant with practices wrt documentation, coding standards, and development tools
- Good knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms, Database, Object Oriented Programming, OS Concepts, Software Requirement Analysis, Design and Architecture