Senior Consultant HR at Syngenta
Views:1567 Applications:163 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Syngenta - Team Lead - Procure To Pay (9-12 yrs)
Job Title : Team Lead P2P, GFO
Job Family : Global Finance Operations
Functional Area : Finance
What is unique or interesting about this job?
- Apply our Global standard model to transaction processing, whilst getting exposure to diffrent country legal/tax requirements.
- Opportunity support implementation & learn change management as Syngenta roll out their digital solutions across P2P
- Work together with other procure to pay teams to achieve an end to end process and service performance
What is the purpose of the job?
- To manage their respective P2P team operating from the Pune GFO, ensuring smooth execution of procure to pay process area, Finance Service Desk and Travel & Expense processing. To secure compliance with Syngenta internal policies and control framework
- Line Management of 10-14 team members
- To drive continuous review of processes and ways of working to optimize team efficiency, to identify & implement improvements to positively impact key performance indicators and client experience
- Proactive attrition management, talent retention & development
What are the main activities the person in the job is responsible for?
- To provide a Procure to Pay service and apply domain knowledge on Accounts Payable, Payments, Vendor Maintenance, T&E, Audit, including Accounts Payable related Month End Close activities
- Ensure the team apply strict adherence to global standard process and business operations pack to deliver accurate and quality outputs.
- Work directly with service delivery and operations teams in Syngenta to address challenges and work towards error free service delivery.
- Improve productivity across teams through the implementation of continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Constantly monitor the process for early signs of developing troubles.
- Review and address Key Performance Indicators, Critical Business Indicators and SLA's.
- Working with the team to ensure that the SLA's for the process are being met. Routine monitoring of actions, to verify if the expected results are being achieved and - if they aren't - come up with corrective measures in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that the desk top procedures (DTP) are updated periodically and the DTP is followed by the team diligently when executing the processes, Gate Keeper for process exceptions, deviations & controls.
- Design & operate the visual control system to bring close focus on the process, in part to capture instances of waste problems, interruptions, and delays as they happen.
- Participates in monthly Governance interactions, provides an update on process improvements for the respective functional responsibility
- Actively participates in driving the efficiency and effectiveness of process performance and continuously thrive to meet or exceed the internal benchmark
- Manage Accountability process to convert problems caught on the visuals to assignments for action. First to understand root causes, and then to eliminate them.
- Supports on Issue and escalation for the respective process & builds control around it.
- Develop, manage and mentor team members which include performance appraisal.
Functional or Leadership Competency related specifically to this job :
Client Service Focus : This is the ability to see life from the perspective of the client to deeply understand client motivation. Applies a service mind-set that is centered on developing, delivering and improving a service: Understanding all the components of a service, managing client expectations, challenging and engaging clients successfully.
Judgment : Analyzes information, guidelines, and requirements from different sources to evaluate alternatives and make effective judgments. Draws accurate, useful conclusions from financial, business, and quantitative information. Makes timely and sound decisions on everyday issues and problems by applying accurate logic, appropriate knowledge, expertise, and common sense.
Execution & Results Orientation : Manages work and work performance, holding everyone accountable to effectively and efficiently completing work responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative and a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, meeting or exceeding goals, and acting on opportunities to create value.
Lead & Manage Change : Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst of change and stimulates others to change. Paves the way for needed changes. Manages implementation effectively.
Describe the team and the work environment : Part of the Global Finance operations team for Procure to pay Services in Syngenta. Working alongside other P2P service teams (Payments, Invoice Processing, Service Desk, Travel & Expense)
Required Language Skills : English
Geographic Scope : Global
Complexity : High to Mid
Experience required for the job :
Essential : 7 - 12 yrs experience in MNC/BPO Industry with 3-4 yrs of team leading experience
Knowledge on P2P area as below :
- An expert on the P2P end to end process. Processes in scope for P2P are Indexing, Invoice processing, Payments, Procurement support, AP helpdesk & VMD
- Strong Accounting concept/knowledge of procuring to pay process
- Tax, WHT, GST, knowledge
- Prior to working knowledge in SAP ERP with VIM tool, Concur, ServiceNow
- Strong Analytical skills include identifying, forecasting and resolving problems
- Good writing and documentation skills, Clear communication
- Ability to create strong controlled process environment and adherence to controls and compliances
- Should independently handle all type of queries from People/Client/Management
- Must have a strong understanding of Lean principles, and have successfully led Lean Transformation in the business process environment
- Completed Lean, Opex / Six Sigma certification (Black Belt preferred).
- Excellent Client Management Abilities
- Sound People Management Skills must have lead a team of 10 analysts/ senior analyst or above for at least 2-3 years
- The role holder must comply with all the Quality Management, Business Continuity Management and Information Security Management- requirements and guidelines of the organization
- Demonstrated the ability to build and maintain a high-performing team; through effective coaching and development.
Desirable : list any desirable skills or experience the nice to haves.
- Knowledge of Vendor Invoice Management system (VIM), Easy Procure, Service Now, Ariba.
Minimum education and critical knowledge required for the job :
- Holds Qualification: B Com / M.Com / MBA Finance/CA Inter/ICWA.
- Fluent in English.
Experience to be gained in the job :
- Basic understanding of Syngenta business and industry drivers.
- Experience working with different finance teams in a given geography/ and absorbing business knowledge to understand how IFRS is applied to Syngenta business.
- Technical development in finance skills.
- Knowledge of financial systems.