Lead Recruiter at Syngenta
Views:3277 Applications:250 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Syngenta - Senior Manager - Accounting To Reporting - ICWA/CA (10-12 yrs)
Senior Manager - A2R
What is unique or interesting about this job?
- Apply our Global standard model to transaction processing, whilst getting exposure to different country legal/tax requirements.
- Opportunity support implementation & learn change management as Syngenta roll out their digital solutions across A2R to enable Fast Close.
- Work together with other ATR teams to achieve end to end process and service performance
- Regional SPOC contact point for one of the regional finance operations centers
What is the purpose of the job?
- Deliver finance operations activities in line with Global Syngenta Standards (GSM), Finance Target Operating Model (TOM), other applicable corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare and analyze end to end A2R processes and collaborate effectively with Finance Operations Team. Uses best practices and knowledge to improve processes/services.
- Drive continuous improvements in the processes, in line with the digital strategy to drive continuous review of processes and ways of working to optimize team efficiency and to identify/implement improvements to positively impact key performance indicators.
- Work collaboratively with counterparts across all FO and the Global/Regional Service Delivery teams to ensure a continuous improvement in process execution.
- Direct and indirect Line Management of GFO process team members including 1 - 2 Team Leads
- Proactive attrition management, talent retention & development of direct reports
What are the main activities the person in the job is responsible for?
- Overall accountability of A2R MEC services delivered to the business from Pune GFO for one of the Regions
- Manage Team Leads & Sr A2R SME- s, delegating tasks, supporting and supervising the team leads with their overall service performance targets.
- Ensure all A2R / MEC Activities are being delivered as per the agreed quality standards & timelines.
- Act as regional SPOC issue resolution trouble shooter to ensure MEC is completed as expected
- Act as coordinator to support audit requirements
- Embed continuous improvement approach in the ways of working
- Work collaboratively with Regional A2R Service Delivery Teams to identify and propose actions to improve performance.
- Support the business with A2R transformation activities which have direct impact on Pune GFO A2R MEC activities.
- Continually improving the process and procedures, in order to improve both quality and efficiency within the service delivery model, geared towards achieving - best in class- practices.
- Maintaining, as far as possible, standard processes for all areas within the A2R Department and documenting of all country specific non-standard process requirements and work
- Self-starter and fully engaged in operational processes and practices
- Execute Bi-weekly connects with Regional A2R operations leads to review KPI's
- Ensures quality reports are produced, distributed, and utilized
- Development and Maintenance of Key A2R Metrics for Team members
- Ensure projects deliver the projected savings
- Co-Leads Monthly meetings with GFO A2R Head on status updates of all projects
- Career Manage the team members for their Growth and development.
Functional or Leadership Competency related specifically to this job
- Client Service Focus : This is the ability to see life from the perspective of the client to deeply understand client motivation. Applies a service mind-set that is centered on developing, delivering and improving a service: Understanding all the components of a service, managing client expectations, challenging and engaging clients successfully.
- Judgment : Analyzes information, guidelines, and requirements from different sources to evaluate alternatives and make effective judgments. Draws accurate, useful conclusions from financial, business, and quantitative information. Makes timely and sound decisions on everyday issues and problems by applying accurate logic, appropriate knowledge, expertise, and common sense.
- Execution & Results Orientation : Manages work and work performance, holding everyone accountable to effectively and efficiently completing work responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative and a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, meeting or exceeding goals, and acting on opportunities to create value.
- Lead & Manage Change : Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst of change and stimulates others to change. Paves the way for needed changes. Manages implementation effectively.
Describe the team and the work environment : Part of the Global Finance operations team for Accounting to Report Services in Syngenta. Working alongside other A2R service teams (Journals, Inter Company, Balance Sheet Reconciliation, Bank Accounting, Asset Management, MEC Activities and Group Reporting teams)
Working out of Syngenta Services Private Limited, Pune, GFO office premises
Required Language Skills : English
Are there any Supervisory/People management responsibility? Yes
Geographic Scope: Global
Experience required for the job
- 10+ years of accounting management experience, preferably in a global high volume processing environment
- Strong analytic skills and experience working with SAP, Black line, Trintech systems is preferred.
- Relevant experience and qualification in Finance and management.
- Track record of compliance culture maintenance and enforcement.
- Ability to effectively function in a complex multi-dimensional, multi-cultural matrix organization.
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholders and to work in connection with remote and multicultural teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Experience in supervising and leading large A2R teams
- Experience in managing change, implementing new procedures and re-engineering processes
- Experience of handling complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence; role models honest and respectful feedback; strong at managing multiple senior stakeholders; comfortable in the absence of direction
- Data Analytics : uses strong analytical skills and intuition to analyze data and interpret business insights and trends. Uses data to support decision making and develops the best solutions
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in design and analysis of business processes and systems.
- Motivated self-starter with strong decision-making, communication, organization and multi-tasking abilities.
- Comfort working in a global business environment that is undergoing process and technology changes.
- Must be flexible and willing to work as a team to cultivate change and process improvements.
- Drive continuous improvement capability and culture change across the team through best practice sharing, vocal advocacy, and visible leadership, which includes the objective of identifying and implementing opportunities.
- Researches best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
- Drive consistency across regions to improve efficiency and reduce duplication of efforts.
- Identify and implement best practices across businesses on processes, technology, reporting and timelines to reduce time, effort and risk
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to identify problems involving several variables in a variety of situations and resolve.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, training, or knowledge transfer and skill enhancement to team members.
- May provide informal work direction to members of the teams
- Empower team to initiate change and drive results.
- Build a strong network and maintain communication flowing in order to leverage synergies and promote knowledge sharing
- Create a culture of intellectual curiosity and continues learning and improving.
- May participate in selection of employees and provide input on plans for future workforce needs.
- Desirable: list any desirable skills or experience - the - nice to haves-
- Working Knowledge of SAP, Blackline and Trintech will be helpful.
Minimum education and critical knowledge required for the job
Holds Qualification : ICWA / CA
- Fluent in English. Any foreign expertise will be added advantage.
Experience to be gained in the job:
- Basic understanding of Syngenta business and industry drivers
- Experience working with different finance teams in a given geography/ and absorbing business knowledge to understand how IFRS is applied to Syngenta business
- Technical development in finance skills
- Fast changing innovative environment to deliver best in class finance services
- Knowledge of financial systems
Potential next jobs:
Other A2R Team roles (CoE Leads), A2R Manager role