Syngenta - Senior Financial Analyst - Indirect Tax Operations (5-7 yrs)
Job Title : Sr Financial Analyst Indirect tax Operations
Job Family : Finance Operations
Functional Area: Finance
Location : GDC, Pune
- Assure Indirect tax Accounting, reporting & Audit / assessment certifications per respective countries regulatory requirements
- Assure correctness, timeliness and proper substantiation of Indirect tax returns and reporting
- Optimize tax costs and facilitate risk mitigation;
- Maintain highly compliant culture through continuous review and improvement of functional process and engagement with internal & external stakeholders
- Managing Third party service providers for compliance, tax advisors etc.
Indirect Tax :
Ensure as below :
a. Tax compliance - tax payments, fillings, certifications etc by respective states GST registrations in Country
b. Tax Accounting, Reporting, and litigation reporting
c. Support local Tax Audits and litigations in GST
d. System & Process change management (Policies, guideline, instructions)
e. Ensure effective and sustainable implementation of ICF Controls compliance
- Coordination of 3rd party service providers (Tax Consultants / Auditors etc.) and service delivery management including performance KPIs,
- Support Group Tax in tax optimizations projects,
- Design and ensure existence of required supporting documentation for compliance purposes,
- Effective engagement with key stakeholders including collaboration with Trade Affairs and P&S
- Cyclical sample check of correctness on:
a. Sales and vendor invoices
b. Import & export documentation
c. Self-billing, e-invoicing
d. IC recharges / SIRAF
Region Particularities :
- Specifically for India - Manage tax accounting processes and related compliance & assure adequate fulfilment of external reporting and audit requirements in terms of direct and indirect tax
- Develop and maintain high level of Indirect tax compliance capability in the team and promote compliance culture through training and other relevant initiatives.
- Attract, develop and retain the right capabilities in the Indirect tax function and manage employees effectively
- Process Scope: India or Regional.
People: Managing sizeable Indirect tax team (e.g. 2 to 3 NFTE).
- Geographic Scope: India
- Medium/high (criticality is linked mainly to compliance issues: example a default on delivering the compliance reporting would lead to a potential loss of the companies operating license).
Experience required for the job :
- 5 to 6 years of relevant experience in a Executive / Asst. Manager role in industry
- Experience with multinational companies in Indirect Taxation function in the areas of Excise, Customs, EXIM, Service Tax, VAT and FTP regulations and compliance
- More preference for GST experience who worked closely into GST implementation and update knowledge of GST LAW.
- Relevant experience and/or qualification for competence in tax and statutory accounting and reporting
- Track record of compliance culture maintenance and enforcement
- Good working knowledge of tax guidelines.
- Good understanding of business end-to-end processes and internal controls necessary to safeguard the Company's assets.
- Ability to effectively function in a complex multi-dimensional matrix organization.
- Strong and effective communication in relation to key stakeholders, including senior managers at the country, territory, region and global levels.
Minimum education and critical- knowledge required for the job:
Qualification i.e. CA/ Graduate in Commerce / with Diploma in Indirect Taxation or EXIM preferred
- Fluent in English