Senior Consultant HR at Syngenta
Views:1777 Applications:231 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Syngenta - Manager - Procure To Pay (12-18 yrs)
Job Title : P2P Manager, GFO
Job Family : Global Finance Operations
Functional Area : Finance
What is unique or interesting about this job?
- Apply our Global standard model to transaction processing, whilst getting exposure to diffrent country legal/tax requirements.
- Opportunity to support implementation & learn change management as Syngenta roll out their digital solutions across P2P
- Work together with other procure to pay teams to achieve the end to end process and service performance
What is the purpose of the job?
- To manage the procurement support and service desk teams operating from the Pune GFO, ensuring smooth execution of procuring to pay processes
- To secure compliance with Syngenta internal policies and control framework;
- Line Management of 40-50 team members including 4 - 5 Team Leads
- To drive continuous review of processes and ways of working to optimize team efficiency and to identify/implement improvements to positively impact key performance indicators.
- Proactive attrition management, talent retention & development
- Work collaboratively with counterparts in Americas FO, CG delivery centers and the Global/Regional Service Delivery teams to ensure continuous improvement in process execution.
What are the main activities the person in the job is responsible for?
- Overall accountability for the procurement transactions and service desk delivered to the business from Pune GFO
- Manage Team Leads, delegating tasks, supporting and supervising the team leads with their overall service performance targets.
- Ensure VMD creation/amendments/deletion & purchase requisition to purchase order is done as per the agreed quality standards & timelines.
- Embed the continuous improvement approach in the ways of working
- Work collaboratively with Regional Procure to Pay Service Delivery Teams to identify and propose actions to improve performance.
- Support the business with P2P transformation activities which have direct impact on Pune GFO P2P transactional operations
- Continually improving the process and procedures, in order to improve both quality and efficiency within the service delivery model, geared towards achieving - best in class- practices.
- Maintaining standard processes for all areas within the P2P Department and documenting of all country specific non-standard process requirements.
- Self-starter and fully engaged in operational processes and practices.
- Execute Bi-weekly connects with Regional P2P operations leads to review KPI's
- Ensures quality reports are produced, distributed, and utilized.
- Development and Maintenance of Key P2P Metrics for staff.
- Ensure Productivity targets are met and the projects deliver the projected savings.
- Co-Leads Monthly meetings with GFO P2P Head on status updates of all projects.
Functional or Leadership Competency related specifically to this job :
Client Service Focus : This is the ability to see life from the perspective of the client to deeply understand client motivation. Applies a service mind-set that is centered on developing, delivering and improving a service: Understanding all the components of a service, managing client expectations, challenging and engaging clients successfully.
Judgment : Analyzes information, guidelines, and requirements from different sources to evaluate alternatives and make effective judgments. Draws accurate, useful conclusions from financial, business, and quantitative information. Makes timely and sound decisions on everyday issues and problems by applying accurate logic, appropriate knowledge, expertise, and common sense.
Execution & Results Orientation : Manages work and work performance, holding everyone accountable to effectively and efficiently completing work responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative and a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, meeting or exceeding goals, and acting on opportunities to create value.
Lead & Manage Change : Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst of change and stimulates others to change. Paves the way for needed changes. Manages implementation effectively.
Work environment :
- Part of the Global Finance operations team for Procure to pay Services in Syngenta. Working alongside other P2P service teams (Payments, Invoice Processing, Service Desk, Travel & Expense)
- Working out of Syngenta Services Private Limited, Pune, GFO office premises
Required Language Skills : English
Geographic Scope : Global
Complexity : High
Experience required for the job :
- 12 to 15 years of accounting management experience, preferably in a global high volume processing environment
- Relevant experience and qualification in Finance and management.
- Track record of compliance culture maintenance and enforcement.
- Ability to effectively function in a complex multi-dimensional, multi-cultural matrix organization.
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholders and to work in connection with remote and multicultural teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Experience in supervising and leading large P2P teams
- Experience in managing change, implementing new procedures and re-engineering processes
- Experience of handling complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence; role models honest and respectful feedback; strong at managing multiple senior stakeholders; comfortable in the absence of direction
Data Analytics : uses strong analytical skills and intuition to analyze data and interpret business insights and trends. Uses data to support decision making and develops the best solutions
- Completed Lean, Opex / Six Sigma certification (Black Belt preferred).
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in the design and analysis of business processes and systems.
- Motivated self-starter with strong decision-making, communication, organization, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Comfort working in a global business environment that is undergoing process and technology changes.
- Must be flexible and willing to work as a team to cultivate change and process improvements.
- Must have the ability to identify problems involving several variables in a variety of situations and resolve.
Desirable : list any desirable skills or experience the nice to have
Knowledge of Vendor Invoice Management system (VIM), Easy Procure, Service Now, Ariba
Minimum education and critical knowledge required for the job :
- Holds Qualification: B Com / M.Com / MBA Finance/CA inter/ICWA.
- Fluent in English.
Experience to be gained in the job :
- Basic understanding of Syngenta business and industry drivers.
- Experience working with different finance teams in a given geography/ and absorbing business knowledge to understand how IFRS is applied to Syngenta business.
- Technical development in finance skills.
- Knowledge of financial systems.