Syngenta - Financial Compliance Technical Advisor (5-7 yrs)
Financial Compliance Technical Advisor
- Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
- In Syngenta we recognize that diversity and inclusion is important to our business, we embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we operate - benefitting individual employees and the company.
- Syngenta is setting up a new APAC Finance Operations organization in Pune, India and is looking for passionate, committed and talented finance professionals who will get a unique chance to shape up and evolve the new organization. Explore exciting opportunities with Syngenta to unleash your potential.
(i)To provide technical expertise, design and monitor financial compliance framework, with focus on General Computer Controls (GCC) compliance from a group level
(ii)To work on continuous improvements projects within financial compliance areas
(iii)Support the implementation and operation of data analytics within financial compliance
(iv)Act as independent control auditor and assess critically of test results
(v)Plan and coordinate the control testing activities with internal controls owners and external auditors.
(vi)Coordinate with IT stakeholders the delivery of testing results and ensure high quality standard
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of various financial compliance monitoring & reporting activities and liaise application owners for clarification/remediation actions.
- Assist Global Financial Compliance Lead with the analysis of financial compliance reporting from Regions/Territories and with the preparation of presentation material for Leadership Team meetings
- Assist Global Financial Compliance Lead in ensuring that the consolidation and group level financial compliance reporting processes
- Continuously review and enhance financial compliance sustainability within Syngenta, and manage projects related to it
- Facilitate best practice sharing throughout the Syngenta financial compliance world and ensure high standards of financial compliance at a group level.
- Ensure new systems and process implementations remain compliant with Syngenta financial compliance guidelines
- Participate in the implementation and operation of data analytics for financial compliance
- Planning and execution of independent management walkthroughs and testing in the global delivery centers and also in small remote entities, newly acquired, integrated companies and external suppliers, where required.
- Planning and coordination of internal IT audits, with internal IT auditors. Facilitate internal/external audits and drive the resolution of outstanding audit points.
- Communicate and resolve current reported deficiencies with control/application owner- s
- Keep knowledge of control owners and stakeholders up-to-date with training and webinars.
- Ensure that all compliance documents are stored centrally in the annual GCC document library.
- Ensure timely adherence and compliance with new Regulatory and Compliance Mandates, Internal Policies and Directives as well as Legal and Contractual Requirements. Guarantee that the GCC Framework is kept up-to-date.
- Monitor the Software licensing processes and be a constructive partner for procurement on new acquisitions and on new service models (e.g. cloud computing requirements).
- Consult and partner with internal audit on all relevant IS questions.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
Critical knowledge :
- Deep understanding of financial compliance and internal controls concepts
- Solid understanding of control documentation requirements and how it is implemented / sustained
- Working experience in Financial Data Analytics
- Excellent communication skills, knowledge of internal controls, business process best practices within a manufacturing environment, and auditing techniques.
- Knowing about and be partly trained in PCAOB, ITIL, COBIT, ISACA, COSO
- Accounting and / or Finance Graduation/Post Graduation qualification
- CISA is preferable but not mandatory
- 7/8 years of audit experience with SAP in a decentralized environment. Experience in coordinating and/or supporting internal control testing programs including relationship management with external auditors
- Worked in large, multinational organizations
- Exposed to senior management / stakeholder management linked to written communication, face-to-face discussions and formal presentations
- Good and firm understanding in the design, implementation and monitoring of internal controls, risk libraries and compliance process management
- Good understanding of practical issues and trade-offs faced at country level, while still be able to communicate need to adhere to global standards and principles
Qualification - Accounting and / or Finance Graduation/Post Graduation qualification