Recruiter at Syngene International Ltd
Views:484 Applications:65 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Syngene - Manager - Business Continuity Planning (10-16 yrs)
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene- s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
Job Purpose :
The purpose of the role is to successfully implement Business Continuity (BCP) program for each of the Business Unit and functions, ensuring its successful testing and updating the top management at regular intervals.
Key Responsibilities :
Designing and maintaining Business Continuity Plans
- Should be the custodian of Syngene's Business Continuity Plan and provide leadership thinking around business continuity program
- Continuously evaluate business continuity risks in the business and make necessary improvements in BC plans to ensure undisrupted business
- Ensure sponsorship for Business Continuity plan from relevant stakeholders and draw out an implementation and sustenance plan
Implementing Business Continuity Plans:
- Should drive implementation of Business Continuity plans by working closely with the Business Unit heads and Standard Corporate Protocol sponsors in the business units.
- Should act as a business continuity consultant for each Business Unit and support in the implementation of recovery strategies
Business Continuity Planning testing:
- Conduct periodic Business Continuity Planning testing for Business Unit and support functions
Business Continuity Planning training :
- Conduct refresher training to Business Units and support functions every quarter
- Working closely with Business Continuity Planning Coordinators and providing them need based training.
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
- Ensure environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures are imparted via training and adhered within the team
- Candidate should be CA/ MBA with Finance specialization
- Should have track record of successfully running Business Continuity Planning in medium to large corporates or should be working in the Business Continuity Planning practice of an advisory firm
- Possess the knowledge and exposure to environment, health, and safety (EHS) practice
- Candidate should have least 10-12 years post qualification experience
- Candidate should be able to lead the process of implementation, willing to work hands on and should be able to influence a large section of stakeholders
- Should have strong networking skills and be able to connect instantly with superiors, peers and subordinates
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines. Command over spoken English is a must
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Syngene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation or local law. In addition, Syngene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.