Recruiter at Syngene International Ltd
Views:43 Applications:8 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Syngene - Associate Manager - Instructional Designer (10-14 yrs)
About Syngene :
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene- s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
Job Purpose :
The Instructional Designer is responsible for applying instructional design principles and theory to the enhancement and creation of learning products to support learning outcomes.
- Scope and estimate level of effort for project deliverables
- Devise creative solutions strategies that meet the business needs and solve business problems
- Design and develop learning materials in accordance with established design models for instructor and virtual instructor-led training, multimedia, video, and other learning-related materials
- Consult with other instructional designers, portfolio managers, consultants, or subject matter experts regarding learning strategies, blended design, and business requirements that impact the learning needs and learning solutions initiatives
- Conduct analyses of target audience, training requirements, and media requirements
- Design training materials and assessments
- Test training materials to ensure their quality
- Demonstrate high levels of motivation through meeting and working within established project budgets and timelines
- Exhibit solid interpersonal and communication skills that enable successful internal and external interaction in a variety of modes including face-to-face meetings, phone calls, phone conferences, virtual meetings, and written communication
- Adapt instructional materials created for one delivery mode to another (usually this is adapting materials from ILT to WBT)
- Participate in and lead special projects as required
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety.
- Ensure environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures are imparted via training and adhered within the team
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in instructional design or certification from ATD or another professional training organization
- Proven track record in designing, developing, and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, video, micro-learning, simulations, and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements
- Proficiency with programs such as Storyline, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, WebEx, and SharePoint.
- Expert in Rapid Authoring and Simulation software including Articulate, Captivate, Intrepid, etc.
- Solid knowledge of more than one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Deep knowledge of adult learning theory and the human performance improvement (HPI) model and how to apply these theories in the design of learning experiences
- Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly with little guidance or documentation
- Understanding of agile methodology and ability to handle multiple priorities in a very fluid working environment
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of the learning solutions
- Recent experience designing multiple end to end learning projects with a proven effectiveness record
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Possess the knowledge and exposure to environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices.
- 10-12 years of experience working in an agile (SAM) and waterfall (ADDIE) design environment
- 10+ years of experience working with industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Storyline and Captivate)
- 7+ years of experience in visual design (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Storyboarding.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to balance multiple projects
- Strong organizational and project management focus
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines within specified timelines
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Syngene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation or local law. In addition, Syngene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities