Synchrony - Senior Analyst - Reporting Analytics (2-7 yrs)
Venue Location : Chennai
Date of Interview : 22nd & 23rd February 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Timings : 10am to 6pm
Venue: Grand by GRT Hotels
Address: 120, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T-Nagar, Chennai - 600017
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : Sr Analyst ( MS )
Role Summary/Purpose :
- As a Reporting Analyst you will have the opportunity to work on various business initiatives that contribute to Synchrony Financial, Retail Finance's growth and productivity objectives.
- This role enables you to work directly with the business in various reporting needs. You will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams and leverage state of the art tools(viz., SAS, BI, Python, Tableau)
Essential Functions / Responsibilities :
- Understand requirements and create reports based on adhoc requests.
- Responsible for accurate preparation of management level reports, ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Utilizing queries from the multiple reporting systems and customer information collected from across the business segments.
- Prepare and review quarterly/monthly analysis package with analytics managers.
- Establish appropriate contact with business segment peers to understand portfolios, drivers and actions for loss mitigation.
- Liaise with teams (local & remote) to gather requirements & build reports, Automate reports, Document Processes
- Able to work with minimal direction but not afraid to ask questions when appropriate
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Migrate reports from BI to Tableau and coding from SAS to Python
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Post Graduate or Graduate degree in any discipline
- Minimum one to two year's Working knowledge of SAS.
- Knowledge on Tableau and Python
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Experience leveraging operating systems/ multiple data sources for portfolio reporting and economic analysis.
Desired Qualifications :
- Knowledge of Retail Finance business
- Previous experience working with SQL, UNIX and Oracle Data Warehouse
- Work experience in a US financial institution or bank
- Strong communication skills with the ability to prepare clear communication and confidently present meaningful analysis to senior and executive management level.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing business data with the ability to distill large amounts of information down to the critical areas of focus.
- Clear thinker with an ability to think through processes.
- Proven ability to successfully interact with all levels of an organization.