Vice President - HR at Synchrony Financial
Views:977 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Synchrony - Senior Analyst - Model Risk - WalkIn (2-7 yrs)
We are conducting exclusive Hiring drive for IT, Analytics and Finance on 19th and 20th January 2019 in Hyderabad
Hitech City, Madhapur, Hyderabad - 500081
Timings : 10am to 6pm
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : Sr. Analyst - Model Risk
Role Summary/Purpose :
- Support model validation initiatives related to quantitative analytic modeling with the Synchrony Model Risk Validation team.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities :
- Validate the accuracy and performance of statistical models and identify issues requiring further investigation, including those developed using machine learning techniques.
- Perform in-depth analysis or large data sets and assist in the review and maintenance of relevant model and model validation documentation.
- Liaise with the retail finance business teams to uncover and highlight risk associated with models.
- Prepare reports for senior management and retail finance business teams and facilitate discussions on key analytics.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Explore new emerging analytical tools and technologies and train the team members in the same.
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Having 2+ years of experience in statistical modeling preferably in risk analytics model validations position
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field is required
- 2+ years of experience in statistical tools like SAS, Python, R, Advanced Excel Macros.
- Strong experience in exploring new emerging tools and technologies for the benefit of business.
- 1+ years of experience in risk analytics in model validations is preferred.
Desired Qualifications :
- 2+ years of experience with statistical tools like SAS, Python, R, Advanced Excel Macros.
- 1+ years of experience in handling large data sets for statistical analysis / modeling and handling large amounts of data and analyzing for trends.
- Knowledge on the application of regulatory requirements for Model Risk (e.g. SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12) is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in development or testing in Pig, Spark, Python, or similar applications is preferred.
- In-depth theoretical understanding and utilizing modeling techniques supporting one (or more) of the following: Big Data
- Analytics, Machine Learning, and / or Decision Models (Behavior, Credit, Fraud, etc.)