Vice President - HR at Synchrony Financial
Views:731 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Synchrony - Manager - Operational Risk Analytics - WalkIn (1-6 yrs)
We are conducting exclusive Hiring drive for Technology and Analytics roles on 18th & 19th May 2019 in Delhi
New Delhi - 110019
Timings : 10am to 5pm
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title: Manager - Operational Risk Analytics
The selected candidate will be part of Risk Testing team (2nd LOD) rolling up to Synchrony India. The candidate will be responsible delivering projects end to end with utmost quality.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Analyze, interpret, and make recommendations of statistical analysis used in support of risk testing while developing a good understanding of all analytic data systems.
- Provide SAS programming, statistical modeling and analytics expertise in multiple areas.
- Develop queries to support the reviews outlined in the risk testing review schedule, work with risk testers to understand and document requirements, provide requested data within SLA
- Review 1st line surveillance output (reports) to assess the state of fair lending compliance within the business and ensure timely and effective remediation of compliance defects
- Prepare reports and discuss findings from testing activities with Senior Management.
- Track management action plan items to completion and conduct follow up testing to ensure updated controls are working as designed
- Make recommendations to business line management and staff for enhancing 1st line business surveillance processes to prevent or detect risk control defects
- Provide support for cross functional projects or special assignments as requested.
- Learn and incorporate new types of data from external sources and all customer touch points for use in testing and analysis.
- Plan, conduct, and monitor 2nd line risk testing activities to independently validate the effectiveness of controls that mitigate key risks and Critical to Compliance requirements (CTC)
- Identify training needs and organize training to increase data analytics understanding and efficiencies
- Lead, coordinate, and manage the data request process
- Perform other duties as assigned by the SYF/SYB Risk Testing Leader
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 1+ Experience with SAS programming - SAS Base / SAS Stats/ SAS Macros and SQL tools.
- 1+ years' of experience in consumer banking laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance, or consumer finance.
- Experience in working with large volumes of data from multiple data sources and in analyzing data to identify key trends and insights
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to interact with Senior Leadership and convey key messages
- Experience with project management, preferably in a lead role with a proven ability to meet milestones and target dates
- Keen analytical ability, in order to perform root cause analysis and recommend remediation actions.
- Experience using ACL to analyze large volumes of data
- Experience with proxy assignment and geocoding
- Experience with Bayesian Improved Surname Geocoding ("BISG")
- Experience performing Fair Lending testing
- Experience utilizing ACL to create and execute test scripts
- Relevant banking certifications such as; CISA, CIA, CCSA CRCM, CAMS
- Ability to work independently