Synchrony - Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis - CoE (4-5 yrs)
Venue Location : Chennai
Date of Interview : 22nd & 23rd February 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Timings : 10am to 6pm
Venue: Grand by GRT Hotels
Address: 120, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T-Nagar, Chennai - 600017
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : Manager (E - FP&A)
Role Summary/Purpose :
- This position is a part of the Finance Centre of Excellence organization which provides support to Synchrony Financial - Finance Function.
- The Manager directly supports their assigned area(s) with all matters pertaining to financial operations management. This includes financial reporting and analysis, financial planning and forecasting, with an emphasis on process improvements.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities :
- Financial Reporting and Analysis- Prepare Daily Dashboards, Reports, analyze and interprets periodic financial data to functional management accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provides commentary and insights on performance against OP plan and prior year.
- Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Support Annual SII and Operating Planning exercise assigned by analyzing historical data in conjunction with future growth plans and desired firm metrics.
- Analytics : Providing detailed analysis and handle SAS based projects using to support decision making for business in partnership with stakeholders.
- Business Advisor : Provides accurate and timely information to stakeholder and continuously seeks to enhance the service provided.
- Maintains strong and trusting relationship with stakeholder. Implement internal controls and procedures to maintain accuracy in reporting.
- Teaming : Best Practice with others in the team in interpreting financial data. Works closely with other finance channels and client service personnel on several inter-related processes.
- Accounting Policies : Ensures that the firm's accounting policies and practices (and GAAP) are followed.
- Post Graduate degree in Finance or MBA are preferred.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of directly related financial and/or accounting experience.
- Knowledge of MS Access, Advanced Excel & Macros and SQL/SAS programming is a must.
- Prior working knowledge of SAS, Python and Hyperion-Essbase is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, project management and organizational skills.
Desired Qualifications :
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Prior experience in SAS is required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word experience
- Applicants must have experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Most prior experiences in a service oriented captured business environment preferred - other experiences in KPO may also be preferred.
- Prior position in India supporting a senior leader preferred
- Prior experience mirroring US operating hours preferred.
- Knowledge of firm's systems is a plus.