Synchrony - Manager - Finance Controllership/Reconciliation - Payment Services (2-10 yrs)
Venue Location : Chennai
Date of Interview : 22nd & 23rd February 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Timings : 10am to 6pm
Venue: Grand by GRT Hotels
Address: 120, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T-Nagar, Chennai - 600017
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : Finance Controllership - Reconciliations Manager, Payment Services
Role Summary/Purpose :
- The Payment Services Reconciliation Manager will assist in leading and managing key Payment Services Reconciliation initiatives and processes.
- In this role, you will work extensively with key Finance contacts in multiple locations and various cross functional teams, as dictated by team directives and business need.
- This position will provide oversite and coordination of all Payment Services Reconciliations, will lead and guide the teams responsible for these reconciliations and will support the AVP, Payment Services Role.
- In addition, this role will lead their department initiatives focused on accurate and timely resolution of reconciliation items and submission of the same per SYF policy.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities :
- Maintain a thorough understanding and documentation of the end to end processes which feed the payment services reconciliations, including transaction flows, payment channels, key systems, and inputs and the implications to the GL.
- Manage the team issues and questions, raising concerns to appropriate internal and external stakeholders for research and resolution.
- Partner with other department managers and the AVP, Payment Services to ensure that all payments suspense, bank advice and return items are researched and cleared accurately within approved timelines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining dashboard metrics to monitor account reconciliation processes.
- Incorporate business policy changes into existing processes and update documentation (job aids and training documents) as needed.
- Partner with the Payment Services Manager and team to ensure that all aging reconciliation items are researched and resolved accurately and within appropriate timelines.
- Proactively research, identify and implement areas for process and productivity improvements, such as GL closure or consolidation of accounts in T-Recs.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and on-going feedback to the team as it relates to the reconciliation process.
- Coordinate with FSD and AVP, Payment Services on all the opening, closing and assignment of reconciliations on the team.
- Act as a leader and become a SME in the reconciliation process by understanding the wing-to- wing flow of the reconciliation and all components.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related Business degree, or in lieu of a degree, 8 years accounting/finance experience.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience and demonstrated experience leading teams or projects.
- Minimum of 2 years- experience with General Ledger and other Accounting systems
Desired Characteristics :
- Prior Financial Services industry experience.
- Oracle GL experience.
- T-Recs experience.
- Prior servicing system experience in FD, VisionPLUS, GECOM, and/or RMS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to handle multiple project/priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service.