Manager-Talent Acquisition at Synchrony Financial (Formerly GE Capital)
Views:3809 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Synchrony Financial - Senior Analyst - General Accounting (4-10 yrs)
Title: Senior Analyst - General Accounting
Work Timings: 4pm to 1am IST, during month end closing (6.30pm to 3.30am IST)
- This position entails senior level accounting responsibilities for Synchrony Financial. Areas include bankcard acquisition accounting and reporting.
- This position will reconcile miscellaneous general ledger accounts and calculate journal entries as assigned.
- The position will also provide variance analysis on assigned accounts and perform adhoc requests as required.
- Prepare month-end entries to properly state the Bankcard Acquisition portfolio results
- Gather and report quarterly association statistics per guidelines for the Bankcard Acquistion business
- Prepare or review assigned reconciliations and ensure compliance with GE's 8 Corporate Criteria for account reconciliations
- Prepare and/or review journal entries as assigned including capital lease obligations
- Provide variance analysis on assigned accounts
- Provide analysis to the Bankcard Acquisition Program Manager as requested
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Subject Matter Expert for the Bankcard Acquisition Business.
- Opportunities to develop key business knowledge and GE accounting expertise
- Broad exposure to a variety of business processes, people, and systems along with opportunities to participate in change and improvement initiatives
- Maintaining controllership in a complex/changing business environment
- Participating in a process flow performed in various locations
- Understanding and documenting work flow from diversified sources of input
- Establishing and maintaining accountability for resolution of reconciling items and their root causes
- Qualified CA/CWA/CPA
- Minimum of four years of accounting experience
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service
- Should have knowledge working on Accounting & Reconciliation, Securitization, Inter Company Accounting, Lease Accounting, Debt Accounting (Close & Funding)
- Candidate should have valid passport as this might include travelling to US for transition
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal computer proficiency (software: MS Office preferred)
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to execute in a fluctuating environment
- Oracle experience a plus
- Experience being a part of a virtual team and leading/participating on conference calls
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, with a strong eye for detail and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Strong team work mindset with a demonstrated ability to prioritize competing priorities
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.