Vice President - HR at Synchrony Financial
Views:1033 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Synchrony - AVP - Credit Model Development - WalkIn (10-15 yrs)
We are conducting exclusive Hiring drive for IT, Analytics and Finance on 19th and 20th January 2019 in Hyderabad
Hitech City, Madhapur, Hyderabad - 500081
Timings : 10am to 6pm
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : AVP - Credit Model Development
Role Summary/Purpose :
- A critical new role AVP, Credit Model Development, will be responsible for providing the thought leadership and analytical/quantitative input to develop, document, implement and monitor the build of complex consumer credit risk loss forecasting, reserve and capital models in adherence to SR11- 7 guidelines.
- This successful candidate will use their business analysis, process, and quantitative knowledge to mentor the junior analysts while managing multiple initiatives and deliver results within deadlines and with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail. In addition to responsibilities on individual modeling projects this role will be expected to work on ad- hoc projects as needed. Communicating these to leadership is essential.
- This is a great opportunity for a modeler/statistician/data analyst/programmer with experience in consumer credit analysis. We offer a dynamic, collaborative team environment with a strong credit risk management culture.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities :
- Lead the development of ALLL, Loss Forecasting, Stress Testing, Capital Planning and CECL models using SAS/Python or R in collaboration with the on-shore team
- Perform in depth analysis on large data sets, and prepare analysis and reports to support discussions on key analytics and model risks
- Support building and enhancing procedures and model documentation in compliance with regulatory guidance as
well as the Bank's model risk policy
- Support implementation and monitoring of ALLL and capital stress testing models
- Develop alternative predictive methodologies / tools to better identify credit dynamics in portfolio performance
- Proactively manage strong working relationships to maintain on-shore stakeholder satisfaction
- Assist in analyzing the current and future model landscape, technologies, data frameworks and implementation platforms in line with internal as well as industry best practices
- Develop and execute initiatives such as conducting applicable research and implementing industry best practices in modeling methodologies and management of model risk
- Maintain current/develop new analytical reports and presentations for senior management, executive committees and regulatory exams
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements :
- M.S. / PhD degree with quantitative underpinning (i.e., Risk, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering)
- 10+ years of experience in Risk, Credit, Finance or other relevant professional experience
- 5+ years experience in an analytical/quantitative role related to consumer lending
- 3-5 years experience developing ALLL, loss forecasting, stress testing or credit models
Technical Skills :
- Credit card modeling/analytics experience
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS or SQL data mining skills as well as open-source tools such as R and Python.
- Advanced analytics using Excel/VBA, strong PowerPoint and documentation skills
Desired Qualifications :
- Problem solving skills, Strong ability to rapidly learn the intricacies of an unfamiliar process, structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights, and develop actionable recommendations
- Experience building/reviewing champion/challenger credit and risk models for consumer loss forecasting
- Comfort with Data and Technology, Prior experience functioning in roles and functions that are highly data-driven and require understanding of data models, process flows, and technology architecture as related to business requirements, including comfort interacting with internal technology teams.
- Knowledge of external environment, industry/competitor profiles, and common macro-economic indicators and correlations.
Soft skills :
- Ability to manage multiple competing initiatives and deliver results within deadlines and with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Client management and teamwork skills: Strong partnership skills and experience (at least 3-5 years) managing relationships across multiple teams of people.
- Communication and influence skills: Excellent communication and influencing skills to coordinate with multiple functional areas.
- Documentation skills including Demonstrated ability in documenting controls and procedures.