Synchrony - Assistant Vice President - Data Architect (8-13 yrs)
Venue Location : Chennai
Date of Interview : 22nd & 23rd February 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Timings : 10am to 6pm
Venue: Grand by GRT Hotels
Address: 120, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T-Nagar, Chennai - 600017
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : AVP Data Architect
Role Summary/Purpose :
- The data architect will serve as a vital bridge from the business applications to technology architecture (TOGAF Architecture Development Method).
- The data architect will develop database solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely. The data architect will work closely with IT and functional teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each data domains.
- The Data Architect will need to develop intimate knowledge of SYF key data domains (originations, loan activity, collection, etc.) and Maintain a holistic view across SYF functions to eliminate redundancies in data and data processing.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Data Architecture - Define proper representation of data assets in the data lake by promoting reusability, scalability and conformity to existing structures.
- Data Modeling - Define and maintain logical and physical data model structure for new projects AND integrate with existing models in the enterprise repository for all incoming data feeds in Synchrony's data lake.
- Keep integrity in data across Synchrony functions for a consistent view
- Assist in IT audits and other governance and compliance activities with documentation and governance on various processes for development and implementation on the data lake.
- Establish mechanism to validate source data populated into integrated data repositories
- Work as one team with peer architects, modelers, and data engineers
- Work in collaboration with Provisioning / Integration architect, System Architect and Reporting architects to strategize and execute on target data architecture, standardize and manage key dimensions
- Map to information entities that can define how information should flow and be consumed by various business functions and IT customers
- Ensure all data is properly catalogued, and resolve issues around outdated data structures
- Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilization requirements for the company and offer suggestions for solutions. Measure against current and upcoming industry trends.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the company database
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field required (Master's degree preferred)
- Overall 8+ years of experience with 5+ years- experience on Hadoop big data platforms in - Data analysis andprofiling
- Data modeling - logical and physical
- Hands-on experience in Hive, HiveQL, Spark, HBase, Cassandra, Mongo DB.
- Hands-on experience in creating and maintaining data models in ER Studio and generating DDLs.
- Strong familiarity with HDFS, Kafka and other Data Lake technologies and techniques.
- Strong familiarity with data governance, data lineage, data processes, DML, and data architecture control execution
- Strong experience with business analysis - Requirements analysis and conversion to data models. - Must be able to develop creative solutions to problems. - Strong verbal and written communication skills
- AWS/GCP/Azure experiences and/or certification is a plus
Desired Characteristics :
- Credit card/payment experience
- Background in Financial Services
- Some familiarity with TOGAF / leading data architecture framework
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with colleagues and partners