Synchrony - Assistant Vice President - Controllership/Cash Management (8-13 yrs)
Venue Location : Chennai
Date of Interview : 22nd & 23rd February 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Timings : 10am to 6pm
Venue: Grand by GRT Hotels
Address: 120, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T-Nagar, Chennai - 600017
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : AVP Controllership, Cash Manager
Role Summary/Purpose :
- This role will lead Cash Accounting processes at SIS including daily balancing of cash activity, month-end close and analysis, and month-end reconciliations. This role will assist with FR2900 reporting, projects, adhoc reporting, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities :
- Lead team of 5 associates, ensuring daily, weekly, and monthly deliverables are met as assigned, providing guidance and training on core responsibilities and performance feedback.
- Wing to Wing knowledge of cash in transit processes by payment channel/product (FD, GECOM, Vision), oversight of daily balancing controls and issue resolution.
- Wing to Wing knowledge of cash exception processes (unassigned REVAL, REVAL feed out of balances) oversight of daily balancing controls and issue resolution.
- Expert knowledge of T-Recs system, including daily balancing functionality and controls, payment report upload process and issue resolution, and Journal submission tables.
- Confirm all month-end tasks assigned to SIS are completed accurately and timely
- Provide guidance and support to SIS associates in completion of tasks (JE submission, balance validation).
- Oversight of weekly analysis of assigned Cash in Transit accounts (FD, GECOM, Vision, Recovery) - supporting FR2900 reporting. - Oversight of all assigned month-end reconciliations, ensuring they are completed timely and follow Synchrony criteria.
- Ensure all processes assigned are properly documented with complete and up to date job aids, ensure updates are made per assigned deadlines.
- Support of internal and external audits requests and internal control requests.
- Support of testing of new client initiatives and start-ups as assigned.
- Support Disaster Recovery initiatives including testing of applications used by Cash Accounting team.
- Support of Misc Governance initiatives including Peer Review comments, MJE Audits, and MJE stats .
- Support of internal and external audits and internal control reviews.
- Support adhoc reporting requests.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's/PG Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Software Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organization and follow up skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
- Ability to execute in a fluctuating environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service.
- Ability to lead small projects to completion
Desired Qualifications :
- Experience with reconciliation systems (TRecs).
- Experience with Treasury systems.
- Prior banking experience.
- Prior leadership experience.