Synchrony - Assistant Vice President/Client Manager - Controllership/Accounting (5-10 yrs)
Venue Location : Chennai
Date of Interview : 22nd & 23rd February 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Timings : 10am to 6pm
Venue: Grand by GRT Hotels
Address: 120, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T-Nagar, Chennai - 600017
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : AVP Controllership, Client Accounting Manager
Role Summary/Purpose :
- The SIS Client Accounting manager will lead and manage the day to day operations of the SIS team supporting both Payment Solutions and Retail Card client programs, as well as Account reconciliations.
- The manager will develop and monitor performance metrics to measure capacity and process effectiveness, drive process improvements, ensure team has appropriate process knowledge.
- The manager ultimately has responsibility for oversight of the team but is expected to be able to perform any of the tasks that the team is responsible for and is expected to assist with tasks as needed.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities :
- Maintain a thorough understanding of end to end Client Accounting processes, including transaction flow, key systems and data sources in order to provide expert guidance to support the proper recording of financial activity in accordance with GAAP and SYF accounting policies
- Manage monthly task lists to ensure all tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Manage/oversee month end Close activities including the review of journal entries and dashboards, analysis of accruals, validation reports, etc
- Understand client programs to ensure compliance with client program agreements
- As assigned, implement changes to accounting processes for amendments to existing client programs and agreements. - Ensure account reconciliations are completed timely and according to Corporate criteria
- Develop and maintain detailed process documentation and job aids
- Identify and drive process improvements and simplification opportunities within Controllership processes. - Responsible for the training and development of team to ensure all have the appropriate level of knowledge to perform job duties. Work with the US team to develop new trainings and knowledge sharing as needed.
- Support of miscellaneous governance activities (internal/external audits, governance process reviews, etc).
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Bachelor's/PG Degree in Accounting or Finance .
- Minimum 5 years Accounting/Finance experience.
Desired Qualifications :
- Controllership experience in a large organization.
- Oracle GL and Oracle Hyperion product suite, Discoverer,T-recs.
- Strong/advanced EXCEL skills, experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with SharePoint, Office365.
- Demonstrated team player with collaborative, facilitation, and influencing skills.
- Work independently, effectively perform under time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied priorities.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality.