Synaptic - Research Analyst - Enterprise Software Sector (2-4 yrs)
About Synaptic :
Synaptic is a Gurgaon, Bangalore, and San Francisco based startup that analyses billions of data points to help investors make better decisions. We build tools, processes, and algorithms to power investors with cutting-edge proprietary insights. Traditional investment research is changing and we are at the forefront of this change. Our customers are some of the biggest and best names out there managing multiple billions of dollars of money. We are well funded and count some of the sharpest minds in Silicon Valley as our supporters.
About the Work :
- We live and breathe startups, technology trends, and the venture capital industry. We evaluate and analyze startups, their business models, revenue models, distribution models, and everything else there is to know about them.
- Alternative data is our lifeline! We leverage it to figure out how companies are doing, how their competitors are doing, how the industry is doing.
- We love sharing interesting insights derived around companies of interest with our customers as mailers and reports regularly. These premium contents showcase the immense capabilities of the powerful Synaptic platform to guide investor's decision making.
- We are very crazy about different trends and developments in the startup world. And we do it all as a team. We collaborate with engineering, product, and data science team to give life to these ideas.
- You are intellectually curious and motivated by innovative ideas in the Enterprise Software sectors spanning Ad Tech, Marketing Tech, Enterprise Collaboration, PR Tech, ERP, SCM, Customer Service, Customer Success, etc. and demonstrate an ability to understand, classify, review and analyze Enterprise Software companies
- You have a keen desire to analyze and interpret the business models and underlying market of companies leveraging techniques like first principle approach, root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, benchmarking, etc.
- You possess a strong appetite to deep dive into blogs, company filings, news articles, and industry reports from reputed & trustworthy sources to distill relevant and key findings and simultaneously develop sector expertise.
- You are a closeted author. You are articulate and ready to show off the new insights and data to our clients. You can storyboard numbers to tell stories and form and express an independent opinion on sectoral developments by identifying growth drivers and challenges of the Enterprise Software sector
- Identify business model, sub-sector, recent developments, revenue model, strategy, issues, challenges, M&A history, competitive positioning, organizational structure, key management, SWOT, etc. of Enterprise Software companies
- You can conduct secondary research of the Enterprise Software industry by modeling industry value chain, competitive landscape leveraging frameworks like Porter's 5 Forces, PESTLE analysis, etc.
- You have an experience of working in Enterprise Software companies or allied roles with either hands-on experience or familiarity with concepts like Ad Network, Ad Exchange, DSP/SSP, CRM, SCM, HRMS, HCM, ATS, etc.
- You've either worked in market research/startup research or have a flair for secondary research
- You want to grit it out and help build a world-class company and not settle for complacency