Synaptic - Associate - Research (1-3 yrs)
Role and responsibilities :
- The role offers a front row seat to developments in the investments space and deep exposure to alternative datasets that are transforming the world of investing.
- The person will be responsible for generating research on sectors and companies to help our investor clients in their opportunity identification and investment processes. The aspects of the role would involve:
- Synthesising information from financial statements and alternative data to generate insights, to be delivered through different mediums like reports, whitepapers, blogs
- Manage all aspects of the research process, including data extraction, analysis, and report creation
- Continuous monitoring of relevant sectors and companies
- Develop and maintain dashboards to track companies
- Help in distribution of work
Look up these links for a flavour of our research work: https://synaptic.com/resources.html, https://synaptic.com/insights.html
What are we looking for :
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word
- Basic understanding of financial statements, financial modelling and data analysis
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Keen interest in tracking the investments space (stock markets, VC/PE investments)
- High level of ownership
- Educational qualification: MBA in Finance / B.Tech (graduates from 2016 onwards)
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in areas like equity/financial research, investment banking, investment research. We are open to more experienced candidates as well and designation will be based on past experience and background.
Synaptic is a Gurgaon and San Francisco based startup that is bringing the power of alternative data to the world of investing. Our new age investment support platform analyses billions of data points to help investors make better decisions. We build tools, processes, and algorithms to power investors with cutting-edge proprietary insights. Traditional investment research is becoming more data intensive and we are at the forefronts of this change. We count some of the best funds as customers and some of the sharpest minds in Silicon Valley like Ribbit Capital, Felicis and Vy Capital as investors.