Head HR at Symbo Insurance
Views:188 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Symbo Insurance - AVP - Legal & Compliance (8-14 yrs)
Position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and contribute to the growing success of the company. As a legal and compliance lead, you would be responsible for ensuring a company's policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards. As a compliance specialist and highly analytical professional, you would be performing regular audits, implementing company policies, and designing control systems.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure full ongoing compliance with the prevailing laws and regulation
- Establish and maintain a robust and effective internal process for identifying and managing enterprise, market, legal and compliance risks
- Establish and maintain a robust and effective internal process for testing, monitoring and ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and other requirements, including audits as required
- Main liaison officer to the regulator (IRDAI)
- Advise and provide senior management team with legal and compliance inputs on various aspects of commercial operations
- Work closely with the Chief Growth Officer and CTO / Chief Product Officer to ensure all contracts with insurers, retail partners, service providers, etc. are compliant with regulations
- Provide oversight on the corporate structure and input on how the company should be structured going forward keeping in mind compliance, efficiency and business scalability
- Supervise/oversee legal and compliance team Compliance with Companies Act and the Rules made there under, for all companies in the group, with specific emphasis on RBI regulations for IRDA Compliances.
- Strong exposure in Corporate Legal Compliances, RBI Regulations for IRDA, Adherence to the Statutory and regulatory Compliances of India.
- The person should be adept in drafting board meeting papers, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Finance team to ensure that audits are completed in time to ensure timely Annual Return filing and provide all the secretarial support required for completion of the statutory audit in time.
- Exposure in funding raising shall be an added advantage.
- A qualified Company Secretary (ICSI)
- 8+ years of experience post qualification.
- Have deep experience and knowledge of the insurance law and regulatory landscape. Ideal candidates would have worked with large law firms and/or large insurance companies with experience in the insurance industry and corporate secretarial experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross functional assignments and ability to coordinate, specifically with Senior Teams / Board Members.
- Proficient in statutory compliance and controls, filing of various returns is a must.
- Should have worked with large law firms with Secretarial practice to close legal due diligences.
- Excellent working skills of MS - office (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Should have demonstrated ability to project manage Board Initiatives and Coordinate Committee meetings. This is a must have.
- Ethical and principled with good commercial acumen
- Strong risk and controls mindset
- Analytical in problem solving with a good attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Eagerness for technology and innovation