Swiggy - Program Manager - New Initiatives - Retention & Loyalty Team (1-4 yrs)
Role: Program Manager (new initiatives)
Team: Marketing (Retention and Loyalty)
One of India's hottest startups, Swiggy is looking to hire a program manager to join its retention and loyalty (Marketing) team. We- re on the hunt for someone with an eye for details, an understanding of cross-functional requirements, great people/time management skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
As a program manager in the retention and loyalty team at Swiggy, you will -
- Liaison between various stakeholders and creative teams to understand marketing requirements and brief the creative team of the same.
- Handle multiple vendors responsible for effective communication through in-house channels (Push notifications, Emails and SMS)
- Ensure the timely conceptualization and execution of campaigns (Owned/Paid channels)
- Adopt industry best practices and create playbooks for new initiatives/city launches
- Ensure regular checks and balances are in place to course correct campaigns mid-way
- Build foolproof processes and create SOPs to ensure zero deviance from set standards
- Keep an eye on channel performance to make sure they deliver the optimum ROI
- Have a role in defining the communication strategy of one of the most enviable brands today.
- Sounds like something you- d be interested in? Read on to see if you have what it takes to land this role.
- 1-2 years of experience as a program/project manager in a similar role, or as an account manager/client services executive handling multiple vendors, 3+ experience overall
- Experience handling multiple accounts/stakeholders, managing cross functional teams and scaling up
- Analytical approach and data-driven, ability to understand trends and proactively work towards solving for the future
- Strong language command ability to explain ideas to the creative team and other stakeholders effectively
- The ability to evaluate campaigns basis business potential and execute the same
- Willingness to collaborate with teams across functions and learn new skills on the job.
- A hawkeye for errors and guidelines.
- A passion for creativity, and the ability to push, sell and fight for effective creatives.
- Great people skills.