Recruitment Team at Swiggy
Views:3260 Applications:319 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Swiggy - General Manager - Stealth New Supply (7-8 yrs)
General Manager - Stealth New Supply
ABOUT NEW SUPPLY:
- New Supply aspires to create the most delightful food experiences and bring them close to consumers. With the aim to favourably assist consumers to purchase out of home food and solve for consumers' unmet demands, we at New Supply are building the largest network of food supply points in the world. We create and curate the best food brands to reach multiple consumers through various business models.
- Swiggy Access - Enables distribution of most popular brands, serve hyperlocal cuisine gaps through our Cloud Kitchens
- Brand Development - Harness culinary capabilities of existing partners to create new food brands to meet city cuisine gaps
- Private Brands - Create new culinary and food concepts to deliver against large unmet consumer gaps.
- With these models, the vision for the org is to enable the most delightful food brands experiences for our consumers by meeting known and unknown consumer need gaps.
Role: General Manager Stealth
- This new role is being created to launch and create concepts beyond existing private brands and access partnerships, thus delivering against the strategic direction for the division. You shall lead new growth and revenue opportunities by harnessing the capabilities being set up for New Supply.
- Ability to think outside the defined framework and thus drive creation of new brands and opportunities from scratch will be paramount. The person in this role is expected to constantly unearth gaps within the current Supply (food offerings) on the Swiggy marketplace, and then setup experiments to iterate and deliver food concepts against the identified gaps. Starting from ideation and launching concepts from zero through to product market fit will be key to the success of this role and the Org as a whole.
Key stakeholders: Head of Brand Development, Head of Revenue, CEO New Supply, COO New Supply, Head of R&D
- Identify and create new lines of revenue growth in line with the strategic roadmap
- Identify disparities & gaps between consumer demand and food/restaurant supply on the platform
- Work with internal culinary teams or external partners to create new concepts and brands catering to gaps by launching and iterating new food concepts/brands in stealth mode
- End to end ownership of launch & management of new concepts until they reach product market fit and ready to be scaled up across all kitchen locations
- Work with the Strategy team to identify new growth opportunities and thereafter build a business plan on the same. Launch experiments to iterate and vet potential revenue opportunities
- Build revenue growth models beyond traditional restaurant-based food concepts
Preferred Candidate :
- 7+ years of work experience in Category Management, Business Development, Commercial/Go-To-Market, Growth Strategy and understanding of drivers of the commercial model needed
- A passion for and strong understanding of food is a key to success in the role
- Analytical, Influencing and listening skills are core requisites for the role
- MBA from a premium institute preferred. BE/B.Tech/CA's are also welcome to apply
- Prior entrepreneurial or early stage start-up/business experience is desired but not mandatory
- Key ability to think laterally, identify and create new business opportunities. This should have been proven in some prior experiences
- Ability to work as a team player in a target driven work environment
- Ability to lead projects from conceptualization to closure, leveraging internal resources to get things done
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office especially Excel & Powerpoint, Google Analytics