Team Leader - Talent acquisition at ClientPro Services Pvt. Ltd.
Views:407 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Sustainability Specialist/ESG Consultant - Solar Industry (3-5 yrs)
- Collaborate with the ThomasLloyd Group Head of Impact and ESG to apply implement the ThomasLloyd Group Sustainability policy and associated proprietary ESG due diligence frameworks to upcoming renewable energy projects in India and regionally.
- Spearhead efforts to improve and enhance the sustainable development impact of existing and planned sustainable energy investments, with a particular focus on the following priority themes
(1) quality job creation and fostering inclusive leadership in line corporate group priorities, including livelihood and local employment programs focused in and around project sites
(2) climate change resilience considerations, including developing medium term climate change management strategies and community engagement strategies around resilience
(3) nature and circular economy approaches to complement the operating approach
(4) developing additional sustainability and / or corporate social responsibility programs at group and site level that add strategic value to the group's operating assets.
- Oversee management, implementation and enhancement of the organization's Environmental and Social Management system including
(1) working with operations and maintenance staff and contractors to ensure adherence with its requirements
(2) working to ensure EPC contractors understand and work in adherence with these requirements
(3) reviewing and enhancing both the guidelines and associated operating and implementation arrangements e.g. reviewing updates to existing handbooks and guidelines / guiding optimal governance of ESG and EHS implementation/enabling training and workshops for site managers.
Skills and experience
- Sound applied understanding of environmental and social management frameworks, including health and safety considerations, and fluency in international standards notably the International Finance Corporation's Performance Standards and Health and Safety Standards.
- Demonstrated experience working with project developers to apply and implement environmental and social standards, ideally including at construction phase.
- Understanding of critical applied sustainability issues including supply chain due diligence, labour policies and standards, pollution management, particularly in an Indian context.
- Strong interest and understanding of sustainable development impact opportunities and community engagement opportunities.
- At least 3 years of work experience related to environmental, social and / or health and safety standard management for infrastructure related programs (e.g. clean energy construction and generation)
- Bachelors degree in a related field e.g. environmental engineering, environmental management, social development.
- Oral and written English proficiency is required. Comfortable working in a diverse, multicultural environment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.