Program Manager at Surgo Ventures
Views:980 Applications:230 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:85
Surgo Ventures - Analyst - Research - India Programs (3-8 yrs)
Surgo combines behavioral science, AI and data science to bring precision to solutions that save and improve lives. With a laser focus on uncovering the - why-, we partner with organizations and governments to help unlock some of their biggest challenges. Surgo works on major global issues from COVID in the US to reproductive health in India. Our multidisciplinary team includes development experts, data scientists, behavioral scientists, and technologists who are skilled in collecting and interpreting data on why people behave the way they do and how complex systems work, and in developing scalable tools. We are a small but diverse team with big plans.
Our organization is growing fast, and we are looking for a versatile analyst to join our growing India team. Someone who gets excited with numbers and wants to tell a compelling story around it. Someone who is passionate to drive social impact using latest research and data methods. Someone who can be the go-to person in the team to get things done and moving. Someone who is willing to play multiple roles ranging from doing quick and intense literature reviews and landscape analyses, to undertaking more sophisticated analyses and storytelling, to monitoring and providing hands on support to interventions on the ground. The Analyst will work at the center of several of Surgo's innovative programs tackling the most urgent problems today. The role provides an avenue for career growth inside a young and dynamic organization and is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to use their data skills for social impact.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct scientific literature reviews, landscaping and scoping analyses to inform analysis and contextualization of findings in key areas such as COVID, maternal health, reproductive health, and TB
- Undertake analysis of data, its translation into insights and compelling storylines
- Visualize results for easy interpretation and application of insights, using graphics and layman's language to communicate them
- Provide oversight of implementation of individual programs through day-to-day coordination, analysis and review of data, field visits, and problem solving
- Liaise with government officials, implementations partners and fieldwork agencies to ensure smooth operations of interventions and programs
- Coordinate cross-project activities to ensure program goals and deliverables are on track
- Draft sections of key documents, reports, presentations, and other communications materials for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Support scientific communication to journals and conferences
- Be a source of knowledge for the team through the analysis of literature, policy, technology, and business model developments as they relate to Surgo goals
Core knowledge and skills:
- Solid understanding of data, and experience or familiarity with research and analytical methods
- Ability to play with data and findings to translate into compelling stories
- Highly-organized and efficient; able to prioritize work based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Proven track record of working in challenging multi-stakeholder environments & ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders and drive immediate results
- Familiarity and/or experience working in the international development landscape including partners, donors, and governments
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Creativity, broad knowledge, and out-of-the-box thinking
- Minimum Bachelor's degree. Graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years- work experience in a field requiring research and analytical skills
- Experience working in a past paced environment that involved working on multiple projects
- Excellent research and analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and visual presentation) skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- High level of familiarity with statistical methods
- Willingness to travel if required and at short notice, even to remote places at times
- Experience working in international development, health, and/or social impact is desired
Reporting: The Analyst will report to the Program Manager, India
Location: New Delhi, India. We are currently remote due to COVID-19.
Compensation: Competitive. This is a one-year contract role, with the opportunity to extend.
Travel: International and national travel (15-25%) once safe to do so
Interested applicants, please apply with your 1) resume and 2) cover letter
Short-listed applicants will go through several steps: phone screenings, a case study, and a virtual - on-site- with the team.
Closing date for applications: Rolling basis
Desired start date: ASAP