Managing Partner at HRvisory
Views:455 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Supplier Relations Manager - Shipping/Freight (6-10 yrs)
Supplier Relations Manager - Shipping/Freight
Our client (the employer) is simplifying the international logistics through technology.
They are proud to have been named an "Asia-Pacific High-Growth Company" by the Financial Times and an "Indian Growth Champion" by the Economic Times. They are aiming to reach an annualized revenue of $1 billion (7700 Crores INR) by this year.
You would have the following Roles and Responsibilities as a part of the Supplier Relations Team and will be handling one of the roles in 1. Air Export, 2. Air Import, 3. FCL Export (Full Container Load), 4. FCL Import.
If you have any queries, feel free to reach out to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org / 8668561277.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Managing Supplier Relationships and Engagement: Handling the portfolio and relationships with key suppliers such as Airlines / Freight forwarding agents / Overseas Agents / Shipping lines for the company and ensuring their growth through its services.
Competitive Pricing & Coverage: Ensuring price coverage and competitiveness on the company's platform to help the existing suppliers' portfolio grow their business.
- Supplier Feedback: Drive continuous improvement by being the voice of the suppliers and suggesting the changes needed in the product and the process. Providing the feedback on process and product to the correct stakeholders.
Channel Partners: Add revenues by moving suppliers to channel partners (Where the suppliers move their existing business through the company for a commission)
Supplier Performance: Improve and Enhance the Supplier performance over time for the assigned portfolio of suppliers. Handle the second level operational and transactional escalations related to Supplier operations.
Enquiry fulfilment: Ensuring the fulfilment and closure of all the enquiries for the market and trade, from all the team members.
Alternate pricing: Maximizing the profitability by alternate service sourcing, post-booking-confirmation by the customer on a transactional level for the market.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Educational Background: MBA or equivalent in Supply Chain or Operations preferred but mandatory.
Work Experience: 6+ years of experience in pricing in shipping, Air freight and logistics. 4+ years of proven experience in team management.
Knowledge and certifications: Certifications in Supply Chain and logistics would be a plus. A thorough understanding of the Logistics industry and Air Export/Import, and FCL
Understanding of Export/Import processes is must.
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations
- Team management and leadership
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to actively listen
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Concise and clear oral communication
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required, including the proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.