Recruiter at Datawise Consultant
Views:2433 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Supplier Account Manager - Healthcare Sector (12-20 yrs)
Supplier Account Manager
Key Areas of Responsibilities :
- Owns Supplier Relationship and delivers strategic impact through Supplier Strategy Development.
- Understands the full business relationship of the Supplier, its position in the market relative to others, and its strategy, investment themes and capabilities
- Manage Supplier performance score card using the Global Supplier Rating System (GSRS) and enrich it with cross-functional stakeholder feedback /calibration
- Develops, based on CM, business and supplier strategy, an aligned account strategy for the supply relationship. Clearly defining areas of development such as performance, cost and feature competitiveness improvement, relevant future business opportunities and a contract that enables such execution
- Apply oversight and monitoring of agreed projects being executed in the business by securing close alignment between supplier, PE and business
- Orchestrates Supplier related activities and communication between internal and external stakeholders to ensure one consistent Supplier approach
1. Purchasing Strategy and Process :
- Establishes product requirements in the assigned commodities ( PCBA, Injection moulding components, tools Costing & development etc.)
- Key Localization of the above categories of commodities, scouting new suppliers, assessment, qualification & Sustainance .
- Provides regular reports to Management that brings visibility on commodity level on compliance, spend and savings.
- Continuous improvement of Purchasing processes and technologies
2. Commodity Strategy Development :
- Actively participates in commodity teams within India / globally, and brings region (local) & business requirements into commodity or cluster team
- Provides commodity spend analytics
- Deploys commodity strategies by the establishment of Purchasing strategies and sourcing plans
- Pursues leads/opportunities to increase leverage and supports their development where applicable, in close conjunction with the relevant Commodity Manager
- Be aware of industry information/ benchmark and contribute it to the commodity teams
3. Contract Negotiation :
- Overall owns the supplier contracts and negotiations for assigned commodity(ies)
- Establishes baseline and target prices for negotiations
- Responsible for availability of sourcing plans and detailed contracts
- Responsible for implementation of contracts, working instructions and guidelines for users on how to deploy contracts.
4. Preferred Supply Base :
- Identifies, manages and sustains a preferred list of suppliers for assigned categories
- Builds and sustains a network with people in relevant related business areas to ensure knowledge transfer and sharing of best practices
5. Capability Development :
- Ensures supplier capabilities are enhanced and sustained, matching with product development roadmaps
Business Environment :
Market Dynamics :
- Customer service : Reliable and flexible in delivering the products and fast and effective response to customer request
- Globalization and continuous price erosion lead to global sourcing activities and supply base moving to lower cost areas
- Time to market is shortening leading a trend of higher-level outsourcing
- Increasing emphasis and importance on sustainability performance and in particular need to ensure supply base as part of total supply chain fully meets company sustainability requirements and goals
Other relevant aspects :
- Support multiple manufacturing locations in their Purchasing activities. Takes leadership in sourcing decisions, make/buy decisions, investments, contracts management
- Technology diversity
- Time to market is key in leading edge as is a security of supply
- Costs sensitivity is high on mature products
Organizational Context :
Reporting Relationship :
- The position holder reports directly into - Director - Health Tech Regional Lead Commodity Management India .
- Individual Contributor with no reportees .
- Jobholder liaises with a team of approximately 5~6 employees via a networked BG / category
- Member of the India level Commodity Teams
Other significant relationships - internal :
- Relationship management with PE, Quality team, NPI and LCM team and Marketing teams
- Regularly report information on project progress, financials (spend/savings) to Commodity leadership team, Commodity cluster leads and PH leadership
Other significant relationships - external :
- Relationship management with various suppliers on contracts, pricing, part development
- Seek out information on technology advances in material, manufacturing practices, etc. through Educational institutions/Universities/Industry Forums, for deployment into new products through NPIs.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Savings and Savings Funnel and Payment terms
- Supplier Sustainability score card
- Supplier Quality and Delivery Performance matrix
- Supplier Risk Management scheme
- Supplier enabled Innovation
- Meet or exceed cost targets of assigned category(s)
- % annual savings, and % spend growth for the region
- Timely annual negotiations and contracts with suppliers
- Consolidation of supply-base as a % of previous YE baseline
- Support NPI Buyers to ensure Purchasing deliverables are met for program milestones
- Maintain amicable team-relationships with various internal stakeholders, while being assertive on inputs towards Supplier/part development.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.