SuperK - Category Manager (2-3 yrs)
We are re-imagining how neighborhood retail in Bharat, the unorganized Kirana stores of today will get transformed into organized convenience retail chains over the next decade - we are driving this change.
SuperK is a well-funded early-stage startup that offers a full-stack solution to empower small format retail stores in Tier 2 and below towns. SuperK is rebranding existing small format retail stores and providing them with the benefits of procurement, tech systems, intelligence, and marketing at scale to create a chain of mini supermarkets. Some parallels can be drawn to how Oyo has transformed the small hotel industry, Medplus & Apollo have changed pharma retail and BigC & others have changed offline mobile buying.
What you will be doing
1. Help build the category management playbook, especially in the context of generating demand for given categories
2. Act as the 'Business owner' for his or her categories, by acquiring a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business
3. Identify and build the demand influencing levers and work along with the relevant teams for the execution of the same
4. Coordinate with the sourcing teams and own the Category P&L
What we would like to see in you
1. 2-3 years of experience in category management or as a category lead in FMCG/ Retail sector
2. Strong understanding of the FMCG retail industry
3. Confident with numbers and analytical skills, should be comfortable going into the depth of data and analyzing it where needed
4. Should be able to manage and prioritize multiple operational and strategic tasks