Deputy General Manager - HR at Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Views:623 Applications:166 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Sun Pharmaceutical - Lead - Performance Management - India (8-12 yrs)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Drive the overall performance management philosophy and architecture with primary responsibility for India geography and support to other regional or global projects. Support the global process and system design, and effectively drive PMS for India.
Maintain expert specialist knowledge by keeping abreast of published materials, competitor practice, external market developments and trends and legislative and regulatory developments to provide expert advice to HR and the business leaders and lead the various projects and regular initiatives in the domain.
To manage the end to end Performance Management for the organization that includes:
1. Performance Planning,
2. Performance Assessment, and
3. Performance Review.
We are looking for a senior resource with 10+ yr experience in performance management who would have worked across consulting and industry. He/ She will be expected to work along with the senior HR Leaders and business heads on the entire performance management piece, identify key initiative that will include designing (both process and its constituent elements of scorecards etc.) & execution both and mechanisms to link organization performance to the individual PMS process.
- Design the complete methodology of PRIDE PMS and ensure timely system and technology readiness
- Review and implement Performance Management process and guidelines periodically to incorporate changes
- Participate in the formulation of short-term and long-term plans to ensure that performance management is well integrated into Business Unit and Organizational plans.
- Act as an SME and guide the HR generalists and line leaders in Org, BU and team level scorecard design and subsequent Goal Cascading.
- Specific focus on ensuring quality of scorecards at individual unique role level through creation of standardized goals/scorecards in partnership with business along with metrics and methodologies to anchor the performance targets to enhance transparency in the assessment frameworks
- Ensure that departmental and individual objectives are aligned to the overall strategic objectives of the organization.
- Develop and execute appropriate communication and training programmes/workshops for HR/Line managers and employees for their capability building in specific performance areas to ensure effective implementation and realise improved business performance
- Provide on-going training or refresher courses on the application of the system to ensure efficient utilization of the system.
- Design and conduct PRIDE satisfaction survey for performance management system improvement.
- Advise management on issues that relate to performance management to ensure that appropriate and corrective measures are undertaken.
- Manage the annual performance evaluation process and cyclical activities.
- Recommend steps for grievance resolution and provides technical advice on the process.
- Assist business partners in conducting performance calibration sessions an drive the global performance rating normalizations and approvals.
- Follow established policies and procedures; determine and recommend potential enhancements.
- Handle the complete PRIDE process stage wise: Goal Setting / PIP / Mid Term / Final Year End Review.
- Develop and implement departmental or workgroup intervention strategies or best practices to improve performance.
- Advise and coach management and supervisors on implementing performance improvement strategies.
- Consult with managers and supervisors to develop employee performance improvement measures and may need to assist in developing individual plans to improve employees' performance
- Conduct periodic audits and prepare reports. Assess the effectiveness of policies and processes and proactively recommend new and innovative approaches and solutions
Senior Management, Department Heads & Team leads
HR Business Partnership teams
Regional HR leadership teams
Business & HR consultants
Qualification & Experience
MBA with post qualification experience (8+ years experience preferably, with min 5+ yrs if Tier 1 MBA with consulting background). A mix of HR Consulting and internal Performance Management in reputed organizations with demonstrated ability to ideate, design and implement business focused solutions along with the ability to manage 'BAU' operational performance activities.
Proven ability to diagnose problems using analytical and strategic thinking skills as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions. Deep Analytical ability and comfort with handling and analysing big data. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and support leaders in navigating through a variety of organizational changes. Excellent people skills and strong decision making skills. Strong Customer Orientation.
Travel Requirements: Moderate - across plants and other locations