HR at Sulekha.com - New Media Private Limited
Views:762 Applications:184 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:165
Sulekha - Product Category Head - Education & Coaching Vertical (1-6 yrs)
Product Category Head - Education & Coaching Vertical
- Does being part of a sustainable growth story in the Ed-tech space and developing a rich ecosystem of high-quality instructors and engaged students, connecting them in real-time across thousands of location education-categories sound exciting to you? Are you a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-changing environment? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to drive your product to success, whether that is providing the strategic vision, writing requirements, attending daily scrums, meeting with service partners, talking to consumers or working with sales? If these sound exciting to you, we can- t wait to talk to you.
- We are looking for a Product Category Head who is passionate about building tech products for education and can steer Sulekha's transformation into a learning destination and an education platform of choice.
As a Product Manager Head at Sulekha, you will:
- Help define the product category vision/strategy, lead the development of the product roadmap through conducting user research, analyzing the competitive environment and understanding key product metrics. Generate new ideas to grow market share, improve customer and user experience and drive growth, exhibit sound product judgment and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving business goals.
- Create product requirement documents (epics, stories, scope docs, wireframes, prototype, etc.) to help translate product strategy into detailed requirements and guide engineering/ tech teams in developing the platform specs, and work closely with UX teams to execute the product features per specification, challenge all members to think boldly and creatively and funnel that energy into development of concrete product features and additions to existing features
- Collaborate with them to help determine the best implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule; Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and drive execution against a product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing
- Work collaboratively across teams such as marketing, sales, customer operations and corporate functions such as finance and HR to drive product success in all business development and operation areas
- Ensure customer focus by communicating and building rapport with them as required and be their voice throughout the product development process; Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps; Work with the ecosystem of institutions, instructors and students to foster partner relationships; get to know them, their use cases in depth and how they could use our products to solve their challenges
- Communicate throughout the product lifecycle to ensure key stakeholders and senior management are kept updated on milestones, issues, and product status
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, technical constraints and business drivers.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis and maintain information repositories of all competitive activity. Analyze data science and market trends and identify solutions to support product development.
- But it doesn't end here. The product manager has a huge role to play in shaping how we harness the full potential that the education vertical presents. There are challenges and many opportunities that we may not have explored yet. And the product category manager will play an important role in seeking and solving these.
- B.Tech. Comp Science (Tier 1/2)
- 1-5 years of digital internet experience
- 1+ years of product development expertise, preferably in EdTech developing consumer facing products
The ideal candidate:
- You are hands-on with coding and have experience in managing the development process with a strong technical background that earns you the respect and trust of our tech/ engineering teams
- You are looking to own entire product features: the front-end, the back-end, the logic and whatever else it takes to build, launch and sustain a successful product
- You are excited about solving customer problems in a wide array of situations and bring a customer-centric approach to designing and building products
- Passion for design and UX: you can independently develop wireframes that can convey a product vision. You can anticipate outcomes of product adjustments to communicate it to relevant stakeholders
- All-around great leader: someone capable of inspiring and influencing others: you know how to make things happen
- You possess strong analytical reasoning skills and a bias toward data-driven decision-making, combined with solid business judgment.
- You have a track record of delivery, goal oriented along with ability to sets clear priorities and meets deadlines
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to work with customers and internal stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization. Excellent presentation skills and the ability to present in front of diverse audiences.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to become an influential product driver and a thought leader
- Gateway to a rocking product management career
- Vast scope to acquire multi-faceted skills as Sulekha navigates some under-leveraged opportunities
- Opportunity to create a huge value in the lives of students and teachers across the country