Sulekha - Divisional Head - Sales (10-15 yrs)
Divisional Head - Sales at Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad:
Sulekha is India's leading digital marketplace for expert services, connecting millions of Users and lakhs of Service Provider SMEs using technology, data and AI. A trusted nationwide brand, Sulekha focuses on three broad clusters of categories - Home Improvement, Lifestyle, Higher Education - comprising 14 categories, each with its own unique characteristics and preferred methods for user need fulfilment.
Sulekha helps over 2 million MSMEs across India grow their business by connecting them in real time to over 50 million trusted, verified buyers who rely on Sulekha in getting their jobs done. Sulekha's growth is powered by its forward-looking innovation driven structure and a start-up culture of participation, learning and experimentation. Sulekha's unique mobile and cloud solutions operating at scale, its domain intelligence, city-category specific need parameterization, deep technology/process IP powered by sophisticated ML and AI, award winning mobile and web products powered by world-class processes and user tools render unparalleled value to both the users and the service providers.
Objective of the Role :
Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales for regions, projecting expected sales volume and profit from existing and new business. Plan to ensure achievement of divisional and personal target, aligning with company sales policies and strategies. Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI targets are met.
- Complete responsibility of Sales, P&L of the division / cluster. The cluster could be home needs, education, properties / rentals, health/wellness or events
- Direct Interaction with High value customers (service providers)
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Periodic review with Zonal heads on their performance and areas of improvement
- Review weekly and monthly performance of the Revenue officers
- Allocation of targets and potential data allocation
- Coaching, mentoring of the team. Manage attrition of team members. Should be able to lead a team of 10 to 15 ROs effectively
- Focus on areas of improvement provide appropriate feedback to the team
- Efforts and call quality of revenue officers to be monitored frequently to improve productivity and conversion of sale
- Work along with Learning and Development team to improve on productivity
- Foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper team operations.
The ideal candidate :
- A graduate or post-graduate with minimum 8 to 10 years of inside sales experience in a consumer internet company, of which, minimum 4 to 5 years should have been in a managerial role leading a team of 15 to 20 people
- Must have recent experience in online/ecommerce related industry
- Should have managed large volumes with high value sales
- Good knowledge of the topography and the market is critical. Should know the clusters including the location & the services well with an updated knowledge on competitors
- Excellent analytical skills for competitor study, customer insight, running campaigns & drawing insights, generate data with effective reporting, building key performance indicators, market scanning and strategic planning
- Should lead from the front, coach & mentor the Revenue officers to inspire them towards higher productivity & achieving their targets
- Must be a good team player and goal oriented. Should have an optimistic attitude, self-motivated, initiative driven, ambitious, flexible, motivating personality and a natural leader.
- Should be hands-on, a high performer with a can-do attitude, high level of sense of ownership, and a great business sense/ entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Should know local language and preferably managed field sales as well
Locations: Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to earn sales commissions that is the best in the industry
- Opportunity to be an influential leader
- Gateway to be part of the industry which is growing in revenues and brand value
- Vast scope to acquire multi-faceted skills as Sulekha navigates some new opportunities/ ventures
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.