HR at Sugarboxnetworks
Views:1052 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
SugarBox - Vice President - Operations (15-20 yrs)
Vice President - Operations
Job Description :
What's the purview of the Ops Head role @ SugarBox?
It's a key role in the company's leadership team, reporting to the Co-founder & CEO. The role primarily revolves around building the Network / Supply side of the business, encompassing Vendor & Partner Management, Infrastructure Rollout & Maintenance, Quality Control & Audit, and setting up a NOC.
Network Rollout, Maintenance, Monitoring & Upkeep :
- Build, implement, manage & iterate the Network rollout strategy, structure, processes & SOPs for all installations that are currently ongoing and will be undertaken in future
- Manage Network Rollout at scale Covering the length and breadth of the country in terms of deployment
- Set, implement, manage adherence to & iterate installation best practices, training modules, quality control measures, etc. for infrastructure deployment for internal and external resource
- Build, implement, manage & iterate the Monitoring strategy in conjunction with the Tech team to mobilize efforts in events on infrastructure downtimes
- Set up an automated NOC, along with intelligent alerting mechanisms to reduce the time taken from failure to first inspection below an hour of availability
- Set, implement, manage adherence to & iterate ticketing systems, SOPs, escalation processes to reduce TATs in events of infrastructure downtimes and failures
- Build strategies with economic, quality & scalability justifications around outsourcing for installation, quality control, maintenance, etc.
- Achieve 98% infrastructure uptime in the first 12 months of Operations & minimize TATs for Infrastructure failures to under 24 hrs
Core Business Planning :
- Actively participate & contribute to the core business planning of the company, including avenues to excel, optimize & drive efficiency
- Take initiative to explore new business opportunities & collaborate across teams to add cross- functional value
Leadership & Team Building :
- Attract, onboard, nurture, motivate & drive productivity from great talent in the operations domain, internally & externally
- Build and Manage a team of 300 people (on roll and vendor workforce)
- Build investment & alignment to company objectives and drive company culture across the operations domain
- Actively work on capability building, growth curve management, key resource retention & NPS across Operations resources
- Create a healthy & collaborative team structure, with adequate succession planning
Vendor Management, Training, Quality & Audit :
- Identify, build relationships, onboard, and negotiate service level agreements with key Network deployment & support partners for current & future business requirements
- Set, implement, manage adherence to & iterate training best practices, training modules, certifications, attrition management and ongoing skill enhancements for internal and external resources
Logistics, Warehousing, Inventory Management :
- Build, implement, manage & iterate the inventory distribution strategy, structure, processes & SOPs for the company
- Set, implement, manage adherence to and iterate best inventory management practices across all warehouses
- Set, implement, manage adherence to and iterate safety & security measures across all company warehouses
What do we expect from you?
Must haves :
- Minimum 15+ years of experience & a proven track record in executing large scale technology infrastructure operations on a pan country / multi-country level
- Experience of working in and understanding of WIFI and ISP industry
- Previous experience in having managed geographically distributed teams with hundreds of first party and thousands of third-party resources under management
- At least one stint in a telecom network rollout / large scale Wi-Fi rollout in an Operations / SCM leadership position
- Understanding of technology, especially computing, telecommunications, and networking hardware
Good to haves :
- Laser sharp focus, structure, and the ability to mobilize & drive large teams
- Business acumen partnered with attention to detail
- Leadership skills & ability to inspire respect
- Extraordinary communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
What can you expect from us?
- You will do path-breaking, non-standard work from the get-go!
- You will be a part of something that has the potential to touch billions of consumers worldwide and is relevant to every single person that touches this planet!
- We will push you to take risks, own outcomes, embrace failures & learn quickly
- You will have sleepless nights because you will either be working too much or going out with the gang too often or both
- So if you want to create solutions for next billion (users not just for India but across the globe)? This is the opportunity. Convince us that you are the only person who can do this!!