SUEZ - IT Program Manager (10-15 yrs)
Role Summary :
As a key member of the IT function you will be responsible for the delivery of complex engineering software implementations for our Suez Water Technology Solutions (SWTS) customers in collaboration with business partners and ecosystem of service providers. You will help define and build our portfolio of service offerings, including IT advisory and implementation services; defining/executing customer delivery programs; and tracking/monitoring key performance metrics to achieve customer/business objectives.
Essential Responsibilities/Expectations :
- Engage in the leadership and execution of our S/W Engineering delivery portfolio including resource planning, scheduling, implementation methodology, milestone delivery, project budget, customer interface, profitability and project accounting
- Manage the IT Operations budget for the Engineering Center which includes nfrastructure and digitization initiatives
- Understand business development efforts leading to service delivery, including collaboration across teams related to value proposition development and solution architecture
- Drive execution and manage risk across multi-disciplinary teams comprised of stakeholders from SWTS and Suez, customers and partners
- Handle account issues at the highest of professional standards and juggle multiple requests from customers/stakeholders, from deep technical discussions on our engineering software and solutions,
- Work closely with product release management to ensure that software product deliverables are coordinated with corresponding deliverables from SWTS and Suez engineering organizations
- Provide support when required to the solution architecture team on the proposed service plan and implementation scope of an opportunity to ensure alignment with viable delivery models and metrics
- Track and monitor program portfolio status and metrics to ensure milestones are met, and internal and external delivery commitments are met
- Ensure ongoing communication of progress against program objectives
- Proactively identify and resolve issues and make recommendations for improvements to existing processes
Key Deliverables :
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across a complex, global matrix organization
- Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions
- Proven track record of setting targets, executing a plan, and delivering results
- Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team strong business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, and with other SWTS businesses and partners
Technical Expertise :
- Experience in water industry, either through an engineering or technical career, or experience in the industry through consultative engagement roles of increased responsibility.
- Strong exposure to engineering systems, including automated data collection, visualization, quality and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control, workflow, database applications, scheduling, and interface to
ERP Systems :
- Experience in maintenance & reliability best practices, root cause analysis, criticality analysis and lifecycle management
- Proven ability to deliver s/w engineering projects with a focus on maintenance effectiveness or experience in driving large scale improvement programs within a maintenance organization
Business Acumen :
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to fully understand and articulate the mission of SWTS Engineering center of excellence to the market
- Proactively engage with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
- Highly motivated, self-starter with demonstrated relationship management skills and strong emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Strong spoken and written English language skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation and facilitation skills, including experience in value proposition formulation and proposal development
- Strong skills in the use of software business tools (e.g. project management software, spreadsheets, reporting packages, word processing and presentation software)
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal.
- A true passion for customers with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with clients, including a quick and keen ability to understand the stakeholder landscape within customer environments and identify heat maps for all customer engagements
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills to advocate and champion activities and initiatives on behalf of customers, and willingness to travel and spend time on customer sites
- Water Technology (or comparable industrial experience) is highly desired
- Previous consulting experience at a highly regarded firm is desired
- Project and/or process management certification (PMP, PRINCE2, Six Sigma) is a plus
- Experience with agile development (proof of concept, pilots, production) and rapid prototyping is a plus
Educational Qualification :
- B.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related engineering field.
- 10-15 years of software experience, leading software development/delivery teams and organizations both onshore and offshore.
- Previous senior leadership roles in product or application development and engineering for high growth companies.
- Proven leadership of large-scale software teams that have delivered great products on deadline.
- Experience in a multi-product, multi-application development environment.
- Experience with globally distributed teams and business partners.
- Prior hands-on experience with IT software, application building, networks, software back-end, database, APIs and modern web front-end frameworks, in order to lead individuals and teams.
- Entrepreneurial by nature and comfortable managing teams in a fast-moving, results-driven Agile/Scrum environment.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies.
- Great written and oral communication skills including the ability to train existing team in their soft skills as and when needed.
- Self-directed with the ability to make strategic, complex and difficult decisions
Certifications if any :
- Agile Scrum Master, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, PMP, Dev Ops.
Key Behavioral Attributes :
- Form alliances, is appreciative, positive, confident and flexible, Horizontal functioning team of teams approach
- Change leader, challenge status quo, look at moving forward leveraging the power of influencing through building cooperative leadership
Learning from Differences :
- Should be self-aware and manage EQ at all times
- Managing Say Do Ratio
- Developing high performance teams, should have a strong sense of empathy towards teams
- Commit to service excellence
- Listen to the voice of customers and continually realigning systems and actions to what customers want and need is critical.-
- Be a change Advocate
- Self -Starter, responsive approach for success
- Align the team for success of enterprise
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.