Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:370 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Subject Matter Expert - Finance Control Testing (6-12 yrs)
- Conduct SOx Design Effectiveness Assessment (DEA) which includes scheduling and conducting walkthrough meetings with control owners, documenting the walkthrough meetings and procedures, identifying and communicating any DEA deficiencies and following up with control owners to ensure any DEA deficiencies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Conduct SOx Operating Effectiveness Testing (OET) which includes preparing a detailed request list, selecting appropriate samples for testing and executing the testing in line with SOx Methodology.
- Assess the impact of control weaknesses on financial reporting and raise issues. Monitor progress of remediation plans for SOx related issues
- Work on special projects requiring attention for improving control environment
- Manage activities like RCA refresh, EUDAs, Records Management, Financial Crime, etc.
- Drive a culture of Risk and Governance in CCO, Noida through Risk Campaign, and other activities.
- Provide expertise on ERMF, BCF, RCSA, EUDA, Financial Crime
- Influencing / convincing the Senior Management / stakeholders on various governance and oversight matters of operational risk
- Champion a culture of customer service and continuous improvement in global GFD. Ensure that opportunities for controls, process and service improvements are encouraged.
- Support in various governance projects/streams such as Operational Risk Management Framework, Consistent Control projects, etc
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies globally across GFD.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to ensure that all policies are interpreted and implemented as per Group guidelines.
- Perform continuous governance and oversight and update Finance Leadership.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum excperience of post qualification experience in auditing (trained in Big Four) preferably in Financial Services
- Experienced in identifying, documenting and testing controls for Sarbanes Oxley Regulatory Reporting purposes
- Good understanding of the COSO framework and its application to internal controls over financial reporting
- Ability to understand, implement and drive improvements to a risk & control framework for finance functions
- Strong project and change management skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Communication skills
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills
- Ability to communicate conceptually challenging massages in an effective manner.
- Manage conflicting demands and priorities through stakeholder engagement, effective planning and sound judgement
Personal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on a number of deliverables at the same time
- Offer assistance without waiting to be asked, takes steps to keep stakeholders informed and delivers high quality support
- Take personal accountability for own activities and performance, ensuring the right people are involved to achieve a successful outcome
- Solution oriented approach
- Influencing skills / negotiation skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-point)
- A comprehensive knowledge, and practical experience, of the main operational processes within the business and a good understanding of the procedures and control framework.