Director at Marketing and Management Solutions Pvt Ltd
Views:201 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Subject Matter Expert - Business Analysis - Regulatory Reporting Domain - IT (10-15 yrs)
Role & Responsibilities :
- The SME will be responsible for providing expertise on all functional aspects of regulatory reporting.
- The artifacts prepared by the Business Analysts can be reviewed and signed off for use by development teams.
- The SME will be the final review authority on all functional aspects relating to regulatory reporting.
1. Strong expertise in interpreting and analyzing Regulatory Reporting / Compliance Reports, especially related to US Federal regulations (e.g., FRY 9C, Call Report, CCAR 14M/Q/A, or similar). Prior experience in implementation of any of these reports for a bank is desirable.
2. Ability to read through regulatory guidelines, interpret and convert them to simplified business logic / rules that can be implemented in the product. i.e., document the regulatory guidelines in terms of specific data attributes and data aggregations required to generate the report
3. Interface with the customer to understand their current processes and data flows and analyze those in context of the regulatory guidelines and the product features
4. Address all functional queries relating to regulatory reporting from a product development perspective
5. Provide solutions and inputs to specific data mapping and data modeling issues relating to product development
6. Review regulatory reporting artifacts prepared by the BA team, as and when required
7. Be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of financial accounting (US GAAP and/or IFRS)
8. Be able to think logically, quickly apply product requirements, and relate US regulatory requirements to iterative product development initiatives
9. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
10. Have a sound basic understanding of databases, data modeling concepts, systems and data flows
11. Be a good team player
The candidate should ideally :
- A university degree in finance, accounting or similar
- Possess a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience
- Prior experience in working with banks in the Risk and Regulatory domain as a consultant / Job
The SME will be the final authority for the purposes of documentation review and sign off as part of broader product development.
The candidate will be expected to be up to date with latest developments in the field of US regulatory reporting.