HR Consultant at CareerNet Technologies Pvt.Ltd
Views:10120 Applications:538 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:106
Stress Testing & Basel Modeling Role - PD/LGD Model Development - Banking (2-10 yrs)
- This role requires supporting a global stress testing modelling team whose primary focus is to drive Stress Testing program to support Retail Credit business & Risk teams. Hands-on experience is required of all stages in model development cycle and proven ability to identify data and functional requirements to develop, calibrate and critically review models.
- Strong knowledge of the documentation aspect of model development is key as are the skills to present this information to peer review and independent review of model governance committees.
- Experience in developing Basel/Capital model on risk factors PD, LGD, EAD would be required with core focus on Retail business ( Mortgages, Credit Cards and loans/advances ) exposure on stress testing model development would be desirable.
- Basel Modeling, PD, LGD Model Development or Analytics CV from any Competitor Bank / BFSI Vertical with 'Risk Management or Retail Risk exp. Collate, test and check independently sourced economics data (forecast and stress) and assess its robustness and fitness for purpose of model development.
- Coordinate and identify historical data points for developing models
- Coordinate and compile stress test model results and develop analysis to communicate with wider global group including Group, Regional and site Risk Strategy
- Ensure adequate documentation and analysis in place for model review committee which involves peer review and independent review committees
- Prepare effective material for dissemination to key business stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Support ad-hoc requests in support of the business as necessary
- Ensure timelines around project deliverables are met and all the stake holders are informed about the status of the projects
- Work collaborative with STO management team to prioritize projects
- Drive standardization of analysis and processes to gain efficiency.
- Develop effective relationship management with diverse functions and businesses
- Bachelor's degree in numerate subject, e.g. mathematics/ statistics/ economics or equivalent experience; Master's degree preferred.
- Basel Modeling, PD, LGD Model Development or Analytics CV from any Competitor Bank / BFSI Vertical with 'Risk Management or Retail Risk exp.
- Excellent communication skills with technical (the team) and non-technical (senior entity management around the globe) counterparts; being able to "translate" between the two worlds is the major thing in the day to day work.
- Knowledge of Retail Banking Products ( Mortgage, Credit Cards, loans and advances )
- Knowledge of credit risk or basel/capital model development
- Able to convert business needs into modeling needs. Experience on modeling tools and techniques and aware of recent advancements in the field
- Strong Quantitative background with knowledge of economic and econometric models
- Proven ability to produce clear summaries and reports from complex factual information, including both written documentation and graphical material
- Good organizational, analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Preferably, familiarity with bank stress testing including loss and risk estimation techniques is preferred