STP Investment Services - Senior Manager - Fund Accounting (10-17 yrs)
STP Investment Services (STP) is a capital market focused service organization specializing in middle and back office investment operations outsourcing, fund services, reporting & data management, global development/support and innovative software solutions for investment management firms. We offer a collaborative partnership to our clients providing scalable and transparent middle and back office solutions to investment managers. Clients can focus on their core business objectives by partnering with STP and leveraging our uncompromising commitment to service via our people, process, and technology platform.
High Level Job Description:
STP Investment Services is seeking a self-starter and motivated Sr. Project Manager to join in this newly added role located in Bangalore. The role involves management and oversight of a critical client relationship within our Fund Accounting team. Responsibilities includes evaluates and reconciles funds including mutual, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports or for daily valuation. Verifies transactions, Investor Allocation, Expense Accrual, PnL, Trial Balance, NAV, audits income reports within scheduled timeframes and resolves exceptions daily for fund accounts.
- The successful candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Preferred candidates will have at least 10 to 15 years of experience in Fund Accounting and a proven ability to build and support a full middle and back office workflow.
- Candidates must have prior fund accounting experience in a project management role. Excellent internal and client communication, presentation, and team skills are a must.
- The candidate should be able to design and implement complex workflows, drive operational controls and produce excellent client satisfaction results.
- Additionally, the successful candidate must be enthusiastic, diligent and take initiative and pride in their work.
- Self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly and deliver are essential skills and the key to success in our dynamic environment.
Key Technical Competencies/Knowledge :
1. Successful track record in the capital markets industry, a specialist financial services consultancy.
2. Good appreciation of current market trends in Capital Markets.
1. Maintaining books and records; including :
- Maintain and control the general ledger and various sub - ledgers.
- Prepare financial statements, footnotes, and partner capital statements.
- Prepare trial balances and work paper product.
- Process standard and complex bookkeeping entries.
- Involved within a full scope of transaction activities including full cycle accounting.
- Prepare financial data analysis.
- Participate in the implementation of fund structures into the accounting system.
- Calculating carried interest/performance/incentive fees.
- Processing payments and other transactions.
- Acting as a day-to-day contact with STP US stakeholders.
3. Participating in projects that may be defined from time to time in connection with the continuing expansion and evolution of the business.
4. Experience with market data providers might include: Telekurs, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, IDC, etc.
5. Good (in depth at Manager Level) understanding of one or more capital markets product areas (including OTC and exchange traded / listed derivatives, equity and fixed income securities, ABS, MBS, repo / stock lending, commodities and FX).
6. Familiarity with Fund/portfolio accounting and reconciliation software such as Eagle and Electra.
7. Data conversion, configuration, and onboarding experience preferred.
8. Process Improvement - Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Business Process Management (BPM), Workflow, Exception Processing, Process Control Review and Design, Six Sigma, Lean, Process Modeling, Process Metrics.
- Provide Accounting solutions to Funds for independent valuation, investor transparency and regulatory compliance.
- Calculation of NAV.
- Familiarity with markets products ideally in more than one asset class. Experience / working knowledge of Equity and Fixed Income products in capital markets is required.
- Perform middle office functions including PL analysis, daily cash projections, calculations of FX transfers required for funding, checking client s contributions redemptions etc. Perform daily and monthly securities pricing analysis.
- Verify performance by reviewing large PL swings and analyzing income/expense journals for validity.
- Risk and internal controls experience.
- Ability to cope with delivery within very tight deadlines under high pressure.
- Ability to manage large teams and work with across teams/locations to accomplish goals in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of interpersonal, leadership, and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Demonstrable ability to cultivate and nurture credibility-based relationships with stakeholders and partners across all levels and functional areas.
- Strong analytic, logical reasoning, and problem solving, risk vs. reward skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or related field required.
- Master's degree in finance / Accounting
- 10-15 years of experience in the capital markets industry; Asset Servicing, Custody, Investment Manager.
- 7 to 9 years of Management experience within a similar group of services is desired with a team larger than 5 resources.
- Person should be flexible to work in shifts.