Hiring Manager at Stellar Fusion Group Ltd
Views:5649 Applications:1212 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:378
Stellar Fusion Group - Analyst - Financial Research (1-3 yrs)
Stellar Fusion Group (https://www.stellarfusiongroup.com) is a UK headquartered company that is building the first full financial modelling platform for retail investors. The platform enables any investor to use professional tools to understand and value companies, as well as learn from a community of users. The company was founded by former bankers with 40 years combined experience at Investment Banks such as Citi, Barclays, Exane BNP Paribas. Stellar Fusion has recently raised funding from leading investors and is looking to scale up its team in Bangalore to put into motion the next phase of its growth.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Building full blown financial and valuation models using fundamental data provided by publicly listed companies in 10-K, 10-Q, investor presentations and other publicly available information (~65% of the time spent)
- Updating existing models as companies under coverage report quarterly earnings. (~15%)
- Reviewing financial models to locate potential inconsistencies, logic and linking errors (~5%)
- Producing insightful equity research content around covered companies and discussing management quarterly results commentary around fundamental drivers that may impact future performance (10%)
- Suggest ways to develop financial modelling both from an internal process as well as user experience standpoint - (5%)
Skills and characteristics required include:
- 6 months to 3 years prior background in corporate finance, investment banking, equity research, consulting or similar roles.
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; understanding of programming, macro is a plus
- MBA/CA/CPA/Masters/CFAs only; Undergraduates may be considered in exceptional circumstances
- A highly entrepreneurial person who enjoys independence, unstructured environments and quick learning.
- History of strong work ethic, self-motivation, initiative, resourcefulness, and success
- Ability and desire to multi-task as well as work independently